Quantcast

Landrider Bikes with 'autoshift'

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Has anyone seen the infomercial on these bikes? This **** is terrible. I have never heard so many bike ignorant fools in my life. "You can ride around and not have to look down to shift". Who has to look down to shift?

what the hell? this is just awful

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
we had to build one up. no rear skewer, no saddle, rear tire was backwards. straight from the factory.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i've worked on a couple of versions of that bike.

also the tech is from the 90s...

one customer trashed one of the weights in the wheel version. that sure wasn't fun to work on

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
I saw the infomercial about a week ago and was so tempted to post something about them. I reccomend that everyone watches the infomercial, it is funny. When watching it proud owners told me that shifting was dangerous. I never new that shifting was so dangerous, since you are always having to look down when you shift. (I never even knew you had to look down to shift.) And there is way more funny stuff than just that. Seriously watch it. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There is one that has been converted to a single speed that parks downtown. I thought that spoke volumes about the "auto-shift" function.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
jimmydean said:
There is one that has been converted to a single speed that parks downtown. I thought that spoke volumes about the "auto-shift" function.
I had the weights in the wheel model for a while in between real bikes to keep me riding. My aunt picked it up cheap at an auction in a lot of bikes. I picked it cause I wanted to try it out. Lemme tell you singlespeed is the only way to run them. The one I had had 3 ~5lb weights in the wheel it was CRAZY! That and it always shifted whenever you sped up or slowed down, so it would shift when you were trying to sprint....not good.:hot:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SteezyWeezy said:
people who buy those should be put down. if you dont know ow to shift, dont ride a bike
:stosh:

It may be a lousy piece of machinery, but my opinion is that anything that gets people out of the house into the fresh air and getting some exercise should be encouraged.

The infomercial cracks me right up, though.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'd try one. Hell, I'll try anything that involves two wheels and pedaling. :D

Yeah, those infomercials are priceless. I like when they show an "example" of someone shifting on a traditional manual shifter and the person is all struggling with it and almost falls off the bike. :rofl: