Quantcast

>>Lap dance Wednesday GMT<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
sigh

Phone rang at 1:30 this morning, never a good sign. Wife's sister calling to tell us that her dad had a heart attack and is in ICU. They had just gotten back from seeing him in Texas last weekend because of his failing health...crap.

Me I just dropped some coin on a new kayak, pics this afternoon when I pick it up

heading out at 4am for a day packed with Dialysis runs

I try to replace chains at 80% wear. Put the gauge on the Moonlander yesterday and it said chain had died and gone to heaven. Installed a new one.

Heading into town today to dispose of trash and recycling and to buy another chain for the spares kit, then maybe some more trail work.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

All the ski mountains in the area had their last days this past weekend. I guess it's time to officially put away the ski gear for the season and get the all the bike gear ready. It's supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow... :happydance:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I try to replace chains at 80% wear. Put the gauge on the Moonlander yesterday and it said chain had died and gone to heaven. Installed a new one.

Heading into town today to dispose of trash and recycling and to buy another chain for the spares kit, then maybe some more trail work.
I generally try to replace chains early, but hold onto them. Once the drivetrain is worn enough that new chains do not work well I cycle the old ones back through. The current setup on my bike was first installed in 2010 and has seen regular use since then. I have a whole new drivetrain ready to go but this one just keeps on trucking, visibly worn but shifts great.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My youngest thought it would be fun to scream at the top of his lungs for three hours last night. Have you ever had the urge to just put your kids outside?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
My Father in Law died this morning from a heart attack

RIP Capt Donald Shirkey USAF Air Commandos 3 tours in Vietnam flying close air support in support of our guys fighting in places that we weren't, in battles that never happened, because everything was redacted. He was quite a guy. Never overcame his PTSD from seeing the carnage of his bombs and machine guns, pretty much drank himself to death. I enjoyed talking with him in his clearer moments . Dead at 82

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. 3 doses of penicillin in me and my pharynx and nose are still very unhappy from my self-presumed/diagnosed strep throat infection. Ugh.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Howdy all. 3 doses of penicillin in me and my pharynx and nose are still very unhappy from my self-presumed/diagnosed strep throat infection. Ugh.
Perhaps you just have a cold. Way to over-prescribe antibiotics. If they only had a test.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Another cold morning but another nice ride. Going on a long road trip with my sons starting Friday with will go through Charlottesville, Knoxville and Miami. Quality times with the kids, hang out with old friends, warm weather, good food!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Another cold morning but another nice ride. Going on a long road trip with my sons starting Friday with will go through Charlottesville, Knoxville and Miami. Quality times with the kids, hang out with old friends, warm weather, good food!
If you want to ride when in C'ville, give me a shout.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Perhaps you just have a cold. Way to over-prescribe antibiotics. If they only had a test.
I tried to get tested. Local primary care clinic had no add-on appointments, and the drop-in clinic in the local grocery store had a very full waiting list.

Also note that my daughter has a documented ear infection, presumably bacterial, since Friday. I think pre-test probability of me having something bacterial is high.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Have work to do today, yay. I need to make room in my garage to build/store the little monkeys quad if it ever gets here. Got some sweet storage shelves from my buddies shop he wasn't using. That should help get stuff organized. I still have too many damn bikes, I need to rig something (and get the ex's bike out of there).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

RIP Capt Donald Shirkey USAF Air Commandos 3 tours in Vietnam flying close air support in support of our guys fighting in places that we weren't, in battles that never happened, because everything was redacted. He was quite a guy. Never overcame his PTSD from seeing the carnage of his bombs and machine guns, pretty much drank himself to death. I enjoyed talking with him in his clearer moments . Dead at 82
sorry to hear it man.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
If you want to ride when in C'ville, give me a shout.
I would love to but I am driving down with my two sons age 4 and 7. Not sure I can leave them on the trail while we ride. The riding around there looks absolutely amazing.

I think the plan is the hike Humpback rocks Friday. I hope its kids friendly. Then I hope too drink some Devils Backbone in the evening as I am staying with the COO of the brewery.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I would love to but I am driving down with my two sons age 4 and 7. Not sure I can leave them on the trail while we ride.
The can spend the time in Westy's yard throwing dog shit and dead animals into the neighbors yard.
Every city boys dream.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Nothing exciting on my end. My son snapped the antenna off my quadcopter transmitter so I have to hit UPS to send it off for repair.

I've been off the bike for awhile, is it still cool to ride 26"?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I would love to but I am driving down with my two sons age 4 and 7. Not sure I can leave them on the trail while we ride. The riding around there looks absolutely amazing.

I think the plan is the hike Humpback rocks Friday. I hope its kids friendly. Then I hope too drink some Devils Backbone in the evening as I am staying with the COO of the brewery.
The hike to humpback is either very steep or long, depending on the route. You'll need to be careful with the kids at the top as they could fall off a cliff. It is pretty popular so don't expect to be alone.

On your way to Humpback, stop at the Raven's Roost overlook. You will be overlooking some sweet singletrack in them thar hills.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

My condolences Eric.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It's stifling hot in the reading room today. It's not my fever or hot flashes or some such, either, as others confirm this to be true.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
UGH, what a horrible horrible day. My phone's battery died while I was going through some good reading material on the pooper today. And the phone was approaching 1000 hours of uptime! :thumbsdown: Apparently this latest Android release is fairly stable.