Quantcast

Lapierre or Trek? Doubts....

Enjolras

Chimp
Mar 13, 2011
Hello everyone on the forum,

I'm about to buy a new toy for me!
But there was two bikes, two very top,
But it left me with a rope around his neck, as no clue what to get!
I hope you help me!

Tanks

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
What type of riding do you do/what are you looking for out of a bike (in terms of performance, weight, single pivot or virtual type pivot, etc?

Enjolras

Chimp
Mar 13, 2011
What type of riding do you do/what are you looking for out of a bike (in terms of performance, weight, single pivot or virtual type pivot, etc?
I wonder what is the best bike in a matter of running, strength, weight ...
What is the best cost / benefit, since both have the same value!

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
ignore both of those choices, they can be somewhat "fragile" when pointed down rocky chutes...

check this....Devinci Wilson SP

Dave Weagle's Split Pivot suspension, contemporary geometry which is adjustable, Canadian manufactured frame with true lifetime warranty and sensible weight = will take "real world" abuse

stupidly stiff in the rear and very efficient under power, regular sealed bearings and sensible pivot hardwear = easy maintenance with low cost of ownership

Enjolras

Chimp
Mar 13, 2011
ignore both of those choices, they can be somewhat "fragile" when pointed down rocky chutes...

check this....Devinci Wilson SP

Dave Weagle's Split Pivot suspension, contemporary geometry which is adjustable, Canadian manufactured frame with true lifetime warranty and sensible weight = will take "real world" abuse

stupidly stiff in the rear and very efficient under power, regular sealed bearings and sensible pivot hardwear = easy maintenance with low cost of ownership

I understand ....
But unfortunately I can get are these two!
I go to buy in europe!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I understand ....
But unfortunately I can get are these two!
I go to buy in europe!
Why the previous year lapierre not this one? There is a sale on old stock? 2011 lapierre seems mint.

Also - he works for the UK devinci distributor - they send to other euro countries. They did send my Banshee Legend to me. No problem with that.
Though if I were you I'd pick a Legend over Devinci from them. Bombproof. Also check if the russian distri can get you one. Their site claims they sell legends for 2200$