Quantcast

Laps of the south sound. Best ride ever.....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Todays ride was thwarted by snow, rain, an a lack of maps. Instead of riding we made a lap from Oly through Shelton, up and over to gig harbor and back to Oly. At Old town instead of getting maps to banner, we weighed our bikes and got directions to a burger place. So in all we drove alot and rode a few feet inside a store.

I just hope all this rain is falling in the form of snow... I also think I might have gotten a sickness today. I feel it might come on strong tuesday. Good thing my doctor will be up at Alpy so I can go get a powder innoculation.....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
at first i thought you rode from oly to gig harbor and back. :D that would have been a blast in the rain :dead:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
i think it's time to get me some snow shoes to get my mountain fix, and dust off the ole road bike for days like today.
Lemme know if you are serious about the snow shoes, you can use Kevin's. I know a pretty good loop at The Pass, plus I have a sno park permit you can use.

Dude, today did kinda suck. I was starting to get car sick during the twisty drive from Shelton to Gig Harbor:dead: I'm getting VERY tired of this wet crap:mumble:

I guess it could have been worse, like getting stuck in the snow?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Snacks said:
I guess it could have been worse, like getting stuck in the snow?
you could have been sailing like me: i had to do a wet capsize recovery as part of a test today in the sound. without a wetsuit or a drysuit. :dead: sooooo cooolddd!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Vno said:
Today is the 103rd day in a row without rain here in lovely Phoenix.
I fart dust devils. I want rain.:mumble:
Hey it stopped raining i better go ride at Lake Sawyer, i'll mail you some mud.:)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
trailhacker said:
Did you end up riding at Sawyer? That is so not right:p I had to work late today:mumble: Or I would have hit the trails afterwork.

Drat! This is Amy
Yah i rode for a couple hours then i had to go to a super top secret meeting in a Mexi-joint.

The North side (Eds Woods) and the middle rocky stuff really isn't bad to ride on at Sawyer. i stayed away from all the twisty South stuff (Toy Tree, Bridges, etc.). Looks like "someone" should build another bridge on that cool trail that "someone" built bridges on, since there is a big fat cedar laying across it. While looking around i spooked a herd of elk. (man i'm always running into elk...) i chased a couple of elk for a ways on that trail as well. It was pretty funny i'd round a corner slow because they saw me and would run, i'd then climb or descend one way and the trail would bring me back close to them, they'd run away a little again. The process was repeated 3 or 4 times, until finally the trail went away from their path for good. It was kinda funny.