Quantcast

Large men on Yeti 303's: Good idea/bad idea?

Whales on 303's: Thoughts?

• You need more Bacon

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • This bike is meant for skinny kids who shave everything

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Poop more, eat less

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • You should be fine

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I found a used 07 303 for sale.

How are they for the large mammal set?
I'm 234 as of this morning.
I am a plow.
But my wife and mom tell me I am man pretty.

I'd set up the rest of the components to be gravity resistant, but as I have no first hand fat knowledge of this bike, what are your thoughts?

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Do it if it's a deal. I ride a medium and I'm about 6' 215lbs.
303's are sweet. This will be my second full season on mine.
Enjoy!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You should be good. There's a d00d I remember racing at platty who was like 6 and a half feet tall with a hefty weight to match (wasn't fat, but definitely had to be over the 200lb mark) and he loved it.

And yes, eat more bacon.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
it is a big strong and rather heavy bike....get it......its alot cooler than a v10.....are you concerned with being too tall for the bike?....that would be something to worry about.....make sure it fits you.....

if you're worried about being too burly for the bike, then stop worrying....you should have been worried about that V10 but not the yeti...

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm 5'10"-ish, so being too tall has never been an issue for me.

Let me see if I can get a quick trail ride on it before I beg and steal the amount needed.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm 6'2" 210+ and ride like a monkey humping a football... and have never had any problems with my 303 because of my size or otherwise.

A fella on our team is easily in the 250+ range with all his gear on, and this will be his second season on the same 303 with no troubles.

Getting the correct spring rate for your weight is going to make a HUGE difference in how she rides. I would guess at your weight you'll want a 600 or a 650 in the rear to get the proper sag without pre-loading the H-E-double-hockey-sticks out of that thing and it'll ride like a champ. I run a 550 on mine (stock on the L is 500) and the sag is perfect, but I'm considering a 600 after riding the dude on our team's bike with a 650 and liking it pretty well.

I say go for it... and eat some more bacon for crying out loud.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:clapping:

303 are built tough. I agree with what others have said. You should have been more worried about the V10 than this one.

Get it and make sure it is set up right for you.
hey did you ever get the import taxing figured out for your bike?

(sorry for the derail)

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Products liability is actually how I make my money, so let's not make jokes.

Yea, I think this is the solution.

That bike of House's is a monster. Does he run over cars with it after he's done?

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
A fella on our team is easily in the 250+ range with all his gear on, and this will be his second season on the same 303 with no troubles.
That would be me. Bike has performed great. I've had no unusual wear to the rails or cars, and pivots are tight as can be.
I did switch up to the heaviest fox spring for the 40 and I'm running a 650# for the rear shock. I probably don't need quite that much rear spring, but it balances our the 40 nicely.
Scott

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
skinny kid / shaved arms = 303.

if you don't shave your arms on the daily, then you're not ready for the maintenance of the 303.

not that i have any realworld experience with the bike, i'm just e-speculating.:biggrin:

...somebody had to rip on the 303.:cheers: it's probably a pretty sweet rig, i wouldn't worry about lack-of-burl.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I think this is the solution.

Now where did I put my Glock and my ski mask, have to go jack a couple banks.

Manimal, give me a running start on this one. Tubby fellow to tubby fellow, you know you can catch me, but I need a new rig. What would Lil say?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Can I use sex lube, or does it need to be something else?