Quantcast

Large or XL 5 Spot?

SuperFreak

Chimp
Mar 9, 2003
Gig Harbor, Wa.
I need to decide before I plunk down the dough so I am trying to find someone who has either a large or XL Turner 5 Spot. A quick test ride with you present will get you a 6 pack of your favorite beverage. I live in Gig Harbor but will travel. Thanks.

-Chris K

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
SuperFreak said:
I need to decide before I plunk down the dough so I am trying to find someone who has either a large or XL Turner 5 Spot. A quick test ride with you present will get you a 6 pack of your favorite beverage. I live in Gig Harbor but will travel. Thanks.

-Chris K
Sorry, everyone on our team that rides a Spot is either a small or medium :(

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Im not sure if yove asked in the MTBR Turner forum yet, but there a few seattle guys there that post. Maybe one of them has a large spot..... Mines a medium.....

SuperFreak

Chimp
Mar 9, 2003
Gig Harbor, Wa.
Why is everybody so dang short ;)

I did post in the Turner forum and got a lot of good feedback. Good bunch over there. I also talked to Casey at Turner and he was leaning towards a XL.
I would just feel a little better trying it out first before I make the plunge.

Hey Oly, does Nick still race with you guys? Tell him Chris King said hello.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
SuperFreak said:
Why is everybody so dang short ;)

I did post in the Turner forum and got a lot of good feedback. Good bunch over there. I also talked to Casey at Turner and he was leaning towards a XL.
I would just feel a little better trying it out first before I make the plunge.

Hey Oly, does Nick still race with you guys? Tell him Chris King said hello.
I was really concerned about the correct sizing when I bought my Turner(Burner) last year. I swear I needed a medium, but called Casey just to make sure. He went though everything with me from crank lengh to stem size, for about 30 minutes on the phone, and told me I really needed a small. My bike fits me perfectly, so much I bought a Spot after my first race on my Burner.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
mine's a medium too...
but if you're in the unfortunate position of being between sizes, I'd go with the smaller of the two if you like throwing the bike around more than average. I could probably ride a large but I think it would then feel more like a road bike on dirt than a bmx on steroids like the medium does. I'm 5' 10" and I feel like the medium is perfect but I know another guy whose the same height and felt that medium was too small and so he bought a large 6 Pack and he said it was perfect. But now he's talking of selling it....
When I was shopping, Turner said I could come by the factory and ride any bike they sell in any size. not that that will help you but if you were looking for an excuse to head down to northern San Deigo....
They've also updated their website with more than one local dealer so you might check with all the shops they list locally again to see if they might be able to hook you up with some owner's of the two sizes.