Quantcast

Largest Dub on a Hardtail???

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Got into DJ'n in the recent past and making good progress... But curious to what is "Big" on a HT. I'm just at about 12' but eager to climb up once this rain lets up. Thanks ahead for any input.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
ive some pics of BIG hits on hardtails.. big as you are willing to go.. I know guys doing 20+ ft gaps. as long as you got a smooth tranny on the landing youre golden for any size hit.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
dont know how big this is but its the biggest tuck ive ever seen. uk doesnt eff around. wear you helmets boys and girls

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
damn. Thats insane! some huge huge **** right there. at our trails we have alot of 18 foot gaps. two 20 footers, and a 30 footer that i havent touched yet. 20 feet and up is a pretty big gap for me

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Damn that's a dub! Yea I'm gonna reach for 20+ by the end of summer. Once this rain lets up I'm aiming for this 2 pack which has a 14' and 16' approx.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Landon said:
WOW! I love that photo! Who is that???

Here's a link to an article that I'm glad is still on-line. The Brian Yeagle photo was my screen saver for a long time.

Land of the Giants
yeah that article ruled, i saved all the photos when I first saw it.

i think his name is bibi, from the uk.

trust4130

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Pennsylvania
Landon said:

Here's a link to an article that I'm glad is still on-line. The Brian Yeagle photo was my screen saver for a long time.

Land of the Giants
Yeah, Yeagle is an APE! Unbelievable rider, and all around cool guy. Put him and Maniac together and you've got non-stop entertainment. Just don't give them fireworks.

Oh, and that pic is utterly amazing.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
there's a 45' double in Williams Lake, BC that i was told had been landed by rider on a HT. i tried to take good pictures of it, but it's hard to get a feel for how big the gap really is.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Landon said:

Land of the Giants

I read this article awhile back, and really enjoyed reading through it again. I really don't have much else to say. I think I'm going to read through one more time.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Yeah, I was thinking "what's the largest 20" rim on a hardtail, WTF" and then I saw it was dub as in double.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
ya i didn't even bother looking on the thread for several days...or how ever long it has been here until i got bored a little bit ago.

in the first page that pic of the guy boostin...well i was being dumb one time ans decided to bunny hop my hardest off of a double(like 15feet) and when i tucked up(like that guy is) my tire hit me in the ass so hard it bucked me over the handle bars(in other words i got ****ed up):dead: .

those trails are in france??? damn if they were in the US (anywere) i was about to say it is worth the trip out there!!!!!!!! they look some super clean and maybe doable in my case?

trust4130

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Pennsylvania
CreeP said:
a dub huh? wow. someplaces have weird names for things. i hear 'dub' i think fags in their rice mobiles.
The term has been around for quite some time, but it's been years since I've heard it used... To each his own, I suppose.

The most memorable time I heard it used was about 9 years ago, and I laughed my ass off: At a trail jam, a very famous Haro rider goes thru a section, and Robo says "The guy can't take a berm, but he can sure trick a dub!"

Maybe you had to be there...

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Anyone got any pics of the Lake Erie trails that Mike Sczesny and Kris Bennet built at Jim Winschel´s house? They´re in Road Fools 4, the Snap Magazine East Coast Trails tour, and a ton of other media. Seriously, the gaps are nearly 40 feet, they get tricked, and they flow downhill. But that earlier pic is rad, I read somewhere in Ride or Dig that the British kid didn´t realize that fish eye lenses distort things, so he made his jumps the size others looked to be in the magazines.

http://www.ewirezine.com/winter2000/jimwinschel/