• Ground Sausage

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Grouind Pork

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ground Lamb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meatless

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • You Mean ther eis more then one way to make a Lasangna ?

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters

splat

Nam I am
For dinner tonight I decided to make a Lasangna. I was in the grocery store Picking up a few thingsand saw they had Ground Sausage on sale , and the first thing I Thought was that will make a Great Lasangna, So I bought, got some Ricotta, Motazerella , and Parasarm ( all Part Skim, the whole milk stuff adds to much fluid ) , some Tomato Puree , and Paste and some flour , Got home fired up the Pasta Machine and went to town , Now teh Kitchen Smells heavenly.

But I digresss

What Type of Lasngna do you perfer ? Personally I love most Types , although Meatless is just a Little weak in the knees, and I did not like it using ground lamb.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
you forgot spinach.

my mom's lasagna was always ground beef only, w/ the usual mozz/parm/ricotta mix of cheese and homemade sauce.

the wife does it w/ spinach and ground beef (and the cheese/sauce, of course).

i like it in any available format.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
You yanks change everything! It is 'Lasagne'. There is no other spelling.
Minced beef.

On a by-note, Lasagne is one of the main components of my "Last Supper".

Luckybikes

Monkey
Jan 29, 2006
Dracut MA
I like ground Beef and some Italian sausage in my lasagna even though for ever holiday my mom only makes veggie lasagna which i wont even touch.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
No no no, it's "lazanya".

:monkeydance:

And I have not met many I didn't like.

I really like "white lasagnas" with lots of herbs and bechamel/cheese. I once had a deconstructed lasagna with sage, sausage, chanterelles, lots of creamy cheese sauce, and fresh pasta sheets just kind of folded over on itself, then baked with a bit more cheese on top to get a good browning. Pretty much best ever. I've also had a pesto lasagna that was friggin killer. MMM lasagna.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
You yanks change everything! It is 'Lasagne'. There is no other spelling.
If you believe Wiki, that is actually the plural of lasagna. And it's derived from the word for chamber pot. :twitch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lasagna

The word "lasagna" is derived from the Greek word "lasanon" meaning chamber pot.[3][4] The word was later borrowed by the Romans as "lasanum" to mean cooking pot. The Italians then used the word to refer to the dish in which what is now known as lasagna is made. The word lasagna or lasagne (plural) now simply applies to the food itself.[5] Most English-speaking people follow the Italian usage and use the plural "lasagne" to refer to both the dish and the pasta, but Americans commonly use the singular "lasagna".

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I couldn't spell cacciatore, but Lasagna was my favorite growing up.

My mother grew up next to an immigrant Italian family and they traded secrets. Somewhere there is an Italian woman who makes great Cantonese Lobster.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I have a friend tha makes a really good lasagna. I don't know what all he puts in it, but he doesn't cook the noodles first. and he uses normal noodles. it's amazing!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
No no no, it's "lazanya".

:monkeydance:

And I have not met many I didn't like.

I really like "white lasagnas" with lots of herbs and bechamel/cheese. I once had a deconstructed lasagna with sage, sausage, chanterelles, lots of creamy cheese sauce, and fresh pasta sheets just kind of folded over on itself, then baked with a bit more cheese on top to get a good browning. Pretty much best ever. I've also had a pesto lasagna that was friggin killer. MMM lasagna.

Damn. :drool: Sausage would be good in luzaunyia.