Quantcast

Last call for 2020 GMT

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
passed out at 2000 last night up at 0500 dat was good. Wheelchair hell today but I get done at 1330. Damn dialysis centers can't get their shit together Half are closed tomorrow and the other half are on normal schedule. that means we are scrambling to get employees to work the weekend make up days for the closed centers. I got "volunteered for Sunday. FUCK

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Looking pretty specifically for mallet enduro ls in black/silver. Probably too specific to find in store anywhere local. Lots of shops closed or limited hours today anyway. Going to just order online most likely and use the eggbeaters or swap over the candies on my Turner for the day.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Champagne and seafood tonight.

Got a good amount of fireworks and I have been out with the boys training. The little guy is still afraid to light it himself. Did not get a good lighter.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Financée finally got her Covid vaccination yesterday... she was scheduled (or so we thought) to get it on Christmas, but there was some kind of screw up with the scheduling of it and it never went through. So when she went to the clinic on Christmas, there was no one there to give her the shot. She was pretty pissed. Someone called her the next day, and they figured it all out and got her re-scheduled. So... yay!

In other news... FTS I'mma go skiing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not gonna lie, that's never a good feeling, because I can guarantee he can't see the second wave of the set. Coming over the crest into a "fuck me" and paddling your ass off like your life depended on it...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Some simple marketing stuff for a new client today and one meeting them tomorrow off. Wifey got her new heated gloves with socks pending. It should allow for more extended skiing after Haley's done with Devo, as cold is the limiter for her (Raynaud's Disease - poor circulation at extremities). She's finally looking forward to day-trip skiing every weekend now vs. taking larger scale 3-4 days trips.

She also got her bonus yesterday, which was fucking awesome. Straight into investments with that bad boy. @Adventurous started a thread a few days ago (in some other forum) about investing, long-term goals, and such. I mentioned that our goal is to reach FTS I'm never working again (aka FIRE) at no later than 55 and assuming some pretty moderate returns, it scrubs 6 months off our timeline from 60 currently. Hopefully mine does a few months as well; even at 40 my FTS is already really, really high.

I need to cross-check my payoff on the Bolt again because the initial repayment was 2.5 yrs based on mileage paid out by the company. Given I'm not driving anywhere now, I need to run my payoff vs. running costs on the Subaru. It might just make more sense to sell it, even with a near-term loss, and run the Subaru to death over the next 10yrs. That $20k will be worth a lot more invested than having a car paid for by the company, if it's not paid off quickly. Sorry nature.
Edit: $17,800 for the Bolt from Carvana. Paid $27k with initial registration and tax. Eat $10k, save $1300/yr in running costs, which get transferred to the Subaru for normal maintenance I'd be paying anyways. And I saved less than that in reduced fuel costs vs. the Subaru. Hmm... Bolt might be going away.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all.

Today I work 8A-5P like normal and then right into a 5P-10P shift for extra $. And then 7A-5P tomorrow as my holiday worked for the year. Harumph. The things we do to potentially afford a second house

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Here. Some simple marketing stuff for a new client today and one meeting them tomorrow off. Wifey got her new heated gloves with socks pending. It should allow for more extended skiing after Haley's done with Devo, as cold is the limiter for her (Raynaud's Disease - poor circulation at extremities). She's finally looking forward to day-trip skiing every weekend now vs. taking larger scale 3-4 days trips.

She also got her bonus yesterday, which was fucking awesome. Straight into investments with that bad boy. @Adventurous started a thread a few days ago (in some other forum) about investing, long-term goals, and such. I mentioned that our goal is to reach FTS I'm never working again (aka FIRE) at no later than 55 and assuming some pretty moderate returns, it scrubs 6 months off our timeline from 60 currently. Hopefully mine does a few months as well; even at 40 my FTS is already really, really high.

I need to cross-check my payoff on the Bolt again because the initial repayment was 2.5 yrs based on mileage paid out by the company. Given I'm not driving anywhere now, I need to run my payoff vs. running costs on the Subaru. It might just make more sense to sell it, even with a near-term loss, and run the Subaru to death over the next 10yrs. That $20k will be worth a lot more invested than having a car paid for by the company, if it's not paid off quickly. Sorry nature.
You should try getting a job you enjoy so you don't have to spend the prime of your young, healthy life stressing over retiring.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
chilling at MILs. (we kept entirely to ourselves for past week as did she). It's rainy so the kids are inside and just fucking around and driving me nuts. therefore put a few shots of jack in mah coffee. hoping to get in a mtns ride this wknd as the weather's looking good.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Story time.

The other day my wife was in the living room and squashed something with her boot. Muffled cry and I had to go investigate.

Well, turns out she crushed an engorged tick, which proceeded to squirt congealed blood 12' up onto the ceiling. :dead:

Still haven't told her what she smashed, as she'd be absolutely horrified.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Story time.

The other day my wife was in the living room and squashed something with her boot. Muffled cry and I had to go investigate.

Well, turns out she crushed an engorged tick, which proceeded to squirt congealed blood 12' up onto the ceiling. :dead:

Still haven't told her what she smashed, as she'd be absolutely horrified.
Doggo?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wahoo! Wifey just got a present in the mail from one of her marketing firms. $80 bottle of Silver Oak cab. I will drink for that. Has always been one of my favorite wineries, though I prefer the Meritage, I'm going to enjoy the fuck out of it tonight.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
New custom bass ordered. Deposit paid. I get to start planning out the details with the builder next week. 3 month build process. Should get interesting and keep me occupied for a chunk of the new year.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Why is your wife wearing boots indoors anyway? Better sensing of the texture of engorged fleas with just stocking feet, ya know

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Why is your wife wearing boots indoors anyway? Better sensing of the texture of engorged fleas with just stocking feet, ya know
I'm mostly curious what she was doing to get it to hit the ceiling. Mysterious ballistic trajectory is mysterious.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
details, man. details!!

Getting one of these little guys. 18” scale. 5 strings. 17mm spacing. Two pickups. No preamp.
I’ll get some shots of the wood options for tops and fretboards. I’m thinking Macassar ebony.
Hoping it’ll be easier on my neck and back. I plan on using it for more melodic work so the short tuning options of the shorter scale should work fine.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Got a new plane today, scored one hell of a deal on it, which is good because it’s ducking hammered! Who does this to a limited edition Bridge City plane?
2F15DDF8-B645-4BF4-AF69-A450044DD817.jpeg

CFFC5815-3D0C-48C1-B225-7ADD197A69D4.jpeg

Cleaning the garage and hanging out around the house today, ride at midnight tonight

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Getting one of these little guys. 18” scale. 5 strings. 17mm spacing. Two pickups. No preamp.
I’ll get some shots of the wood options for tops and fretboards. I’m thinking Macassar ebony.
Hoping it’ll be easier on my neck and back. I plan on using it for more melodic work so the short tuning options of the shorter scale should work fine.
ok that's pretty cool !