Quantcast

Last call on N*

desmo

Chimp
Apr 26, 2007
I will be there on Sat, anyone else?

I plan on doing about 4 or so runs, then parking the bike and getting the camera. I will be walking the trails (off to the side, dont worry) catch me up there, tell me what where you want to be shot and give me time to get there.

if you are bombing down a trail and see me, yell and give me sec to take a shot.

Also, remember to space yourselves out so my flash can recycle and such.

I will also be carry a motorola radio if you want to coordinate that way.

ballaholyk84

Monkey
Aug 24, 2007
Beaverton, OR
I will be there on Sat, anyone else?

I plan on doing about 4 or so runs, then parking the bike and getting the camera. I will be walking the trails (off to the side, dont worry) catch me up there, tell me what where you want to be shot and give me time to get there.

if you are bombing down a trail and see me, yell and give me sec to take a shot.

Also, remember to space yourselves out so my flash can recycle and such.

I will also be carry a motorola radio if you want to coordinate that way.
\

Sounds great man. I plan on being there Saturday also. Hopefully we can meet up or something. I wanna hit livewire for the first time and would love some shots for my SH and for a photo album. Where are you heading up from?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Good luck everyone, hope the weather holds out and you get a few more sweet days up there. I won't make it this weekend so I'm done for the year. I can't believe it's friggin' October already! Looking forward to next year...

desmo

Chimp
Apr 26, 2007
I'm up here, but really sick :( so sitting in a hotel... no more N* for me this season

desmo

Chimp
Apr 26, 2007
Update, my buddy just called from the mountain, he is calling it a day. Livewire is soo slick, it is pretty unridable at any fun speed (and he is a better rider than me)

He said most people were just hanging out at the lift, no one really going up, I guess waiting for the melt.

Uhhh, yeah...what a crapppy day at N*.

NOT!:monkeydance:

1:A little morning snow on Coyote.
2: The Mighty FLyen' Mayan often lands...and double flats. DOH!
3: MAybe this will become a regualr thing next year. Free BBQ for Season Card Holders.
4: Nates jump late in the day on Livewire towards the bottom.

Was a great day riding. Only bad thing about having such a great day is it makes the 8months we have to wait until it reopens sooo much longer.

Attachments

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
A little late, but here are some pics from closing weekend at N*. Oh, before I forget, they were running a deal on closing day where you could buy a pass for next year for the current season pass price ($229). This deal is apparently going on through the month of October, but only if you *call* the ticket office. The pass price is supposed to go up next year, which I could certainly understand seeing how much work they put into the park this year, and the plans for next year.

Speaking of which... huge thanks to everyone on the trail crew and otherwise involved in working on the park this year! I had a blast at N* this year, and can't wait for next year.

So, some pics. That Friday it snowed a bunch, and we thought it was likely that N* wouldn't be open, so we slept in. Called them on Sat AM (a few times, just to be sure), and they were open. Got up there at the crack of noon or so. From descriptions earlier in this thread, it must have been worse earlier in the morning. We basically just rode Livewire the all afternoon, and it was totally fun. There were a few sections that never quite unfroze, but otherwise it was surprisingly decent.

Starting to look more like a ski lift:

Here's just above the final section on Livewire:

Since it was cold and we were being lazy, we took a beer break at the lodge at the top of the chair (OK, we do that every time, who am I kidding). They even turned on the heaters. Nice views with the new snow.

Sunday we went back for round 2. It was friggin' *packed*! I've never seen it that busy. The lift line for the Livewire side was insane, so we just stuck to the other side.

Random lift shots - still lots of snow:

Amy racer style:

Buffy jumper style:

Ben racer style:

Jim stump style?

Buffy tries the "wall slide"

All in all, it was a great way to close out the season at N*. Well... we didn't quite end it there. We left a little early because of the crowds, and checked out another trail that evening. Here's Amy getting Sick Mental (tm) on some rocks: