Quantcast

>*< Last Gasp GMT>*<

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I got the pool for a swim this morning for the first time in two weeks...the first week was intentional, then this week I could not book a lane due to Covid rollback (only four people at a time in the pool). I finally got a 30 minute slot this morning, and it was tiring and slow going. I am already a lousy swimmer, so when I go two weeks without it, I feel it.

On the subject of monocle, my Wahoo KICKR is acting like a huge cock, so I opened a case with their customer service. It's a refurb that is out of warranty, which they sent me a year ago after my first one shit the bed while still under warranty. So that's two $1200 KICKRs that crapped out of me within two years. It'll be interesting to see what they do about this, if anything.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Eff Me, so far the morning has sucked. Bio Hazard clean up on aisle 12. Client vomited all over just as I was loading them. At least I only got a few drops on my boots, the rig? not so lucky all over the door and floor. which is why the interior is all rubber and plastic. Nothing like the smell of vomit and clorox to start your day. need to reload my spill kit in a bit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Outside christmas shit going up this weekend. Boss wants to have a "what are your career goals" conversation today. Get to go through a week of catch-up before EOD today. Meh.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Spaceman Spiff is on point.
This day has serious potential to crash and burn.
Just above freezing with a rain/snow mix, ain't no ride today.

meh.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
On the subject of monocle, my Wahoo KICKR is acting like a huge cock, so I opened a case with their customer service. It's a refurb that is out of warranty, which they sent me a year ago after my first one shit the bed while still under warranty. So that's two $1200 KICKRs that crapped out of me within two years. It'll be interesting to see what they do about this, if anything.
I just got a Kickr Snap, did my first "ride" on it earlier this week. It's... okay. Still working out what app I wanna hang my helmet on, and if "training" is important to me or I just want something less boring than sitting on a "dumb" trainer to keep some fitness. Sorry to hear yours crapped out, also crappy that they sent you a re-furb to replace the (assumably new) one that originally crapped out. What's it doing i.e. what does "acting like a huge cock" mean in non-TN layman's terms?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What's it doing i.e. what does "acting like a huge cock" mean in non-TN layman's terms?
It is grinding and making a lot of noise, which I suppose a huge cock could also do. It sounds like it would if you put a baseball card in the spokes of your road bike, although not quite that loud. I even tried another bike on the trainer but that didn't help.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It is grinding and making a lot of noise, which I suppose a huge cock could also do. It sounds like it would if you put a baseball card in the spokes of your road bike, although not quite that loud. I even tried another bike on the trainer but that didn't help.
man, shit like this makes me glad i have a plain ol' kinetic

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Obviously see what Wahoo will do. But if they decide to do something close to "jack shit" are you gonna take that Bad Larry apart and see if you can find the source of the huge cock?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Another swollen laptop battery.

Is today over yet? Double up the edible dose last night seems to have been a bad decision.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
bunniesweed.jpg

Boss wants to have a "what are your career goals" conversation today.
"I'm not really motivated by goals, man..."

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Gotta love working for the man sometimes. Huge effort to push through a bunch of changes recently, only for them to get sent back to me (not originally in scope) to delete blank pages (intentional) in a document because it might "confuse somebody". Glad to see we'd rather impact our ability to build and ship product rather than have a few blank pages in the off chance someone reading the user manual will malfunction at the sight of a blank page.

so one of the carbs in my uncles old yamaha tx 650 is bad....

View attachment 153103
You don't say.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

today im in ur hospitalz reading ur ultrasoundz

I also had a 10 minute Zoom call for a consulting case. Feeling kind of lethargic what with winter darkness and donating blood yesterday.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey just reminded me that tomorrow is opening day for Devo. So much for my plans of working on my workbench and grouting the remaining parts of the fireplace.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yo!

Gotta love working for the man sometimes. Huge effort to push through a bunch of changes recently, only for them to get sent back to me (not originally in scope) to delete blank pages (intentional) in a document because it might "confuse somebody". Glad to see we'd rather impact our ability to build and ship product rather than have a few blank pages in the off chance someone reading the user manual will malfunction at the sight of a blank page.
"This page intentionally blank"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Exactly what I'm adding. This was supposed to be a copy an existing document over sorta task, and leave the content alone. So much for that.
our procedures allow us to have a reduced / expedited change process when we're doing a straight data migration from one QMS to another.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yo!

You don't say.

I had to come up with project plan a few weeks ago, when I presented it to the team the only feedback I got was in how the information was presented. I asked if there were any comments/questions on the actual content, crickets.

I made all the requested formatting changes. A teammate came back asking me to change colors/font etc. I replied with "No further non value added changes will be made unless there are specific issues with the meaningful content" and CC'd my whole leadership team.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yo!

You don't say.
Paperwork Reduction Act yo.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i just leaned back in my chair and heard a loud metal "ping". can't seem to find any missing parts, and function doesn't seem impaired, yet. might have to expense a new one just to be safe.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
our procedures allow us to have a reduced / expedited change process when we're doing a straight data migration from one QMS to another.
Your policies > our policies

I had to come up with project plan a few weeks ago, when I presented it to the team the only feedback I got was in how the information was presented. I asked if there were any comments/questions on the actual content, crickets.

I made all the requested formatting changes. A teammate came back asking me to change colors/font etc. I replied with "No further non value added changes will be made unless there are specific issues with the meaningful content" and CC'd my whole leadership team.
Leadership team has been notified. If this wasn't a Regulatory owned document with Marketing/Legal ramifications, I'd be much quicker to shut them down. Alas, I am playing nice.

Fun fact though, I am the only one in my group to get an ECO through the system in the past year without having it get rejected back to the author, usually for Doc Control issues. Its like the Wild West over there, and we are just playing by their constantly shifting, undefined rules.

Your policies > our policies

Leadership team has been notified. If this wasn't a Regulatory owned document with Marketing/Legal ramifications, I'd be much quicker to shut them down. Alas, I am playing nice.

Fun fact though, I am the only one in my group to get an ECO through the system in the past year without having it get rejected back to the author, usually for Doc Control issues. Its like the Wild West over there, and we are just playing by their constantly shifting, undefined rules.
When I worked at Digital Equipment Corporation the ECO system was a fucked up bureaucracy.