Quantcast

Last Minute JG ride today

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Evil Bob? Snacks/TH? I'll be out there about 4:30 for a couple hours or so. Been too long and I need to get out there before the weather turns the clay sections to goo.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Borneo said:
Evil Bob? Snacks/TH? I'll be out there about 4:30 for a couple hours or so. Been too long and I need to get out there before the weather turns the clay sections to goo.
Doesn't JG get really over grown in the summer time? Dang, I miss that place :mumble:

Edit: Uh, I'm out of commision until November 1st :nope:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Not too bad. On the SW side moreso. But, it's all been dying back everywhere with the lack of rain.
Sorry, I forgot you're out for a while...
Will report back. It's been a while since i rode there. So, I'll be spending a lot of time remembering which trails are better to climb and which ones are a push.
Maybe I'll get to flip the birdie to a few Boink folks along the way there...

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Not too badly overgrown at all. Most of the trails were brushed back too. Holy moly there's a couple big ass drops in there. The one on the North side between the two trees is a biggun. Just a few other riders and the trails are actually a bit dry and loose. Need to go there more often. Chris the main builder is a genius. All that side hill stuff is awesome. Just a couple small nettle reminders.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Thanks for the update on the trail conditions! I really like some of the trails up there. It's a great place to get a ride in after work. We stick to the west(?) side of the tracks usually, I think :confused:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
If you ride up the low trail next to the tracks on the North side to the gated road and then stick higher up on the way back, it's at least a 2 mile downhill with some rolling ups along the way. Real nice. Takes you right back to the 4 way intersection at the bottom by the bridge.

Upslope brush is pushing people to the outside of the benching and subsequently, there are sections that are starting to blow out.
A pass with a weed whacker would really cure a lot of it.

Get better so you can go ride it!