Quantcast

Last Minute Northstar Camping

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Anyone know of any good places to try to camp for this weekend? We've got 8 or 9 guys who just decided last night that they're heading to northstar for the weekend. Where's a good place to camp? Showers = good but anywhere is fine with them. (middle of a dirt lot, whatever)

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
if i were in this situation, i would just go drive to any forest in the tahoe area, drive up a fireroad a ways, or hike, and set up camp. dont make a fire, but seriously. thats what i would do if i didn't have a house to sleep in.

desmo

Chimp
Apr 26, 2007
if martlett lake is full, turn back, cross 80, 5 or so miles down the road is Prossuer? and a few other forest service campgrounds..

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Just found Prosser, we have Saturday and Sunday nights registered, but it's too late to get Friday night. Hopefully there's still some left by the time we get up there around late o' clock. :D

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Right on, I'll keep an eye out. I think I'm going to be riding with a bunch of Colombians. My name is Brian, I've got a white Ironhorse Yakuza and a red, grey and black troy lee helmet. I'll be wearing whatever shirt stinks the least in my bag :D