Quantcast

last night's dinner

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
roasted halibut, cannellini beans w/ parsley, red onion, cumin, lemon juice, garlic and oil, and stir-fried baby bok choy w/ ginger and garlic

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Looks good. I had oysters, sashimi, seaweed salad, ****ake dumplings, and korean-spiced lamb chops washed down with sake and beer. It did not suck.

Edit: HAHAHA, I can't even use the name of a mushroom without getting censored!

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
I had an eel roll and a tempura roll and some freshly squeezed orange juice. Great stuff.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Lamb chops with garlic, mint, and lemon over a curried couscous with carrots, green onion, golden raisins, and more mint. A mojito while cooking (mint in the house) and a tasty syrah from alexander valley vineyards with dinner Yum.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Technically it was TONIGHT'S dinner, but we started with bruschetta (with fresh baked bread) and caprese both made from fresh tomatoes from the garden. Then "authentic" bolognese for the main...

Good god I'm stuffed. :drool:

aphex2k

Chimp
Sep 7, 2008
Me and the wife went over to my parents for dinner. Gotta love your own Mom's cooking. She did a full on roast dinner - pork, apple sauce, roast pots, parsnips, brocolli and gravy.

Oh, and triple choc gateaux for dessert. Washed down with a nice Pinotage.

spot on.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Make it myself?

Nah - bought some minced beef, added a jar of spicy salsa, some garden tomatoes and some onions. Nacho chips, creme fraiche and DaveW insisted on chopping some coriander on top. How gourmet!

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
It's not :spam: it's Bacon (and Bacon)!

I had the corner bakery's BBLT (that's Bacon, Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato) and Tomato Basil Soup for dinner last night.

Here is some poor schmuck's photo of same, but mine was way better looking than this.

Probably better tasting too.

Also, I had a FULL sandwich on wheat bread, not the puny half sandwich shown above.

6 thick strips of Applewood Smoked Bacon. Awesome. Tomato soup was fantastic too.

I had vivid bacony dreams about this sandwich last night. I can't wait to get another. If you have not had one of these yet, you should try one today.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Again - it was tonight's dinner... but:

Pasta with ham, tomatoes, and fresh sage
More bruschetta made with fresh-picked brandywines
Fruit salad with strawberries, pluots, grapes and pears
Bottle of Barbera d'Asti

<burp>

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
tonight's dinner:

Wild, fresh caught striped sea bass (striper) caught 2 hrs earlier by myself.
Made a foil pouch then added: olive oil, sliced red onion, parsley from the garden, red pepper flakes/S/P, whole garlic cloves, halved roma tomatoes and finally drizzled everything with lime juice.

Sealed it up, tossed on the grill over medium heat, drank a margarita and declared it ready. :drool:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I am desperately clinging to the end of summer: Angel hair with lots of fresh tomaters, corn, basil, garlic, and parm. I marinated chopped tomatoes in S&P and olive oil for about an hour prior. The 'maters released some juice into the oil and made a great sauce. All I had to do was warm the veggies through and toss with the pasta, cheese, and basil. Yum.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
I am desperately clinging to the end of summer: Angel hair with lots of fresh tomaters, corn, basil, garlic, and parm. I marinated chopped tomatoes in S&P and olive oil for about an hour prior. The 'maters released some juice into the oil and made a great sauce. All I had to do was warm the veggies through and toss with the pasta, cheese, and basil. Yum.
Nice! You inspired me. I used up my ripe San Marzanos and made a vodka cream sauce with sweet Italian sausage and the fresh tomatoes. And LOTS of fresh basil. That and more caprese with the cherry tomatoes. :drool:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Ridiculously good BLT, with Hobbs bacon, homemade basil aioli, orange heirloom tomaters, red leaf, and Acme italian bread. After toasting the bread I wiped the bacony pan with it, rubbed a tomato on it, then spread with the aioli before putting it together. Gawdamm sometimes the simple things are so friggin good.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Chili dogs. Sahlens smokehouse dogs, ElRio chili with beans, cheddar cheese, and Martusciellos HD rolls. Fresh onions too.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Grilled swordfish marinated in soy, tequila, oo, dijon and sesame seeds.
Side was memphiswaukee-style haricot verts (seared in iron skillet with whole garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, a splash of 'dumpling sauce' from the chinese grocery and toasted sesame seeds.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Leonard's shrimp. Bacon, onions, and garlic satueed... then deglaze with a little white wine... add tomatoes... cook for awhile. Add heavy whipping cream and cook for awhile. Add asparagus and cook for about 3 minutes - add a bunch of shrimp and cook for a couple more minutes. Toss with penne & top with lots of reggiano. :drool:

Oh - and a bunch of basil right at the end if you have any. I didn't. :(

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Chicken stir fry with broccoli, garlic, pickled ginger and honey (and of course the basil and pepper flakes that go in pretty much everything I cook). Came out pretty well for a "hey, what's in my fridge today" type dinner.