Quantcast

Last Nite....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Disappointing. I was hoping for a recounting of the latest drunken antics involving mailboxes and attempted infidelity :think:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
binary visions said:
Disappointing. I was hoping for a recounting of the latest drunken antics involving mailboxes and attempted infidelity :think:
Well, I got drunk the two nights before, and I just wasnt feeling a rager last nite. Pretty low key, sorry to disappoint.

I got some new MTB shoes...NorthWaves
and some vegan banana bread (hippie) which they used apple sauce instead of eggs to make....pretty damned great.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BurlyShirley said:
Well, I got drunk the two nights before, and I just wasnt feeling a rager last nite. Pretty low key, sorry to disappoint.
Well, it's a nice grill anyway. Just wasn't what I was expecting ;)

J

JRB

Screw that. Give me my gas. The only thing better with coal is a hamburger.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Poor steaks. Grilled corn is awesome. Next time you grill corn de-silk them, but don't remove the husks, wrap the corn with bacon, seal the corn/bacon with the husks (tie 'em off with a bit of string). Best corn ever.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
stinkyboy said:
The exteriors look a little overdone from here.
The marinade has a tendency to blacken, but its not as if the meat is burnt or anything.

loco, gas grills flash fry everything and I hate them. You cant cook taters in the coals either.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
moff_quigley said:
Poor steaks. Grilled corn is awesome. Next time you grill corn de-silk them, but don't remove the husks, wrap the corn with bacon, seal the corn/bacon with the husks (tie 'em off with a bit of string). Best corn ever.
Sounds like it...I should try that. Too many of the chicks that come over to my house hate meat tho...or at least red meat. Note the turkey burgers....have to have some non-bacon items for them...:nopity:

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
The marinade has a tendency to blacken, but its not as if the meat is burnt or anything.

loco, gas grills flash fry everything and I hate them. You cant cook taters in the coals either.
I have concluded that baked potatos are far more hassle than they are worth. I got the grill down pretty well for steak. I can tear some pork up with it though. :help:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
I have concluded that baked potatos are far more hassle than they are worth. I got the grill down pretty well for steak. I can tear some pork up with it though. :help:
What hassle? Poke some holes, wrap in foil, toss in the coals and theyre done.
I have a gas grill. Im going to give it away because I never use it. It just sits there becuase I hate it.
Pork chops and bratwurst are on my menu for this week. :drool: love the pork.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Andyman_1970 said:
Did you "shell" those shrimps before they went on the grill? I've been meaning to try the grill thing with some shimps...........
I think they came pre-de-shelled. I dunno. The GF bought this jack daniels marinade, and dumped the shrimp in it for like 2 hours, and then skewered it. I hate shrimp and all seafood, but I tried this and it was amazingly good. Easy too.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BurlyShirley said:
Charcoal is where its at.
Yes.

We have one of those combo fire bowl/bbq grills. it's about 3 feet across and 18" deep. You can cook for 10 people on it and then throw in 4-5 logs in afterwards for marshmallow roasting.

:D

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
BurlyShirley said:
Sounds like it...I should try that. Too many of the chicks that come over to my house hate meat tho...or at least red meat. Note the turkey burgers....have to have some non-bacon items for them...:nopity:
Bacon is pork, pork is white meat, white meat is like chicken. Tell them to shut up about bacon, it's way tastier than Tofurkey.:dead:

Nice grill, and those shrip look tasty. Can you get fresh shrimp in Nashville, or are those froven?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
maxyedor said:
Bacon is pork, pork is white meat, white meat is like chicken. Tell them to shut up about bacon, it's way tastier than Tofurkey.:dead:

Nice grill, and those shrip look tasty. Can you get fresh shrimp in Nashville, or are those froven?
I can't eat turkey, chicken or shrimp. Too much cholesterol.

:(

I ate bison the other day the restaurant my wife works at - :drool:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
maxyedor said:
I also didn'r realize shrimp, chicken and turkey were high cholesterol foods.

Suprised me.

My doc said I need to bring down my cholesterol in 6 months or I go on meds.

Large shrimp have like 60mg of cholesterol EACH. They are like egg yolks of the sea!

Chicken and turkey, especially dark meat is really bad too.

I am eating very little meat each week - I pick one or two lean red meat dishes per week and the occasional tuna, maybe some other fish.

More tofu, legumes, etc.