Quantcast

Last Parts of the 2007 XTR group released

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Thank God they went to a standard chainring pattern with the cranks. That unique bolt pattern was more trouble than it was worth. Except of course to make you buy XTR chainrings, which were double the price of a regular one.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Polandspring88 said:
Thank God they went to a standard chainring pattern with the cranks. That unique bolt pattern was more trouble than it was worth. Except of course to make you buy XTR chainrings, which were double the price of a regular one.
If they were only double the price it wouldn't be so bad.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
BigMike said:
Stupid Dual Control levers! I'm glad they are offering seperate stuff, those dual levers are a POS.......... in my humble opinion :D
I love mine and they have given me zero problems since I got them. They have taken some pretty big shots and minus some scratches have kept on ticking.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
BigMike said:
Stupid Dual Control levers! I'm glad they are offering seperate stuff, those dual levers are a POS.......... in my humble opinion :D
Agreed. Might not have been such a bad idea if they made them correctly [brake inside, shifter out]

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
DRB said:
And right under it appears to show Campy finally realizing that the 21st century had arrived. Good bye square taper....
For some reason I'm more intrigued with the new Campy crank than the XTR. That's pretty cool stuff.

J

JRB

I am pretty excited about the limit screw location on the front der.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
moff_quigley said:
For some reason I'm more intrigued with the new Campy crank than the XTR. That's pretty cool stuff.
I was thinking the same thing. Especially since they are claiming it's 100g lighter than their already light '06 stuff.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Shimano gets-:stosh:
I don't see why this stuff is so great, it is just a minor improvement over the old XTR stuff that was replaced by the duel control sh1t. Why they need a ti carbon blend chainring and a big forged "X" on everything is beyond me. They did finally ditch the pinch bolt on the cranks, but made the new systaem way too complicated

The Campy cranks are pretty cool tho.