Quantcast

Last ride of the season at Stewart

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
A couple of us monkeys met up for one last go at Stewart on saturday. Damned if it wasn't worth it. We had a couple of cameras out there, so there are pictures from both of them tossed in here.

Stosh and Divi getting ready to head out.

Chuck and John (non-monkeys) gearing up.

Stosh again:

Dude, Stosh rides.

So does FiremanDivi.

George was having a good time:

Followed by myself:

Chuck:

John:

There were a lot of people out on the trail Saturday:

Chatting, waiting for the rest of the group:

It was just a little bit wet:

Water is no problem for The Big Z:

Gu time:

So now it was time to start climbing:

Divi hates having pictures taken, but tough luck:

More climbing, this time on top of the 3rd Sister:

Time for a break.

Shortly after the break, we had a mechanical:

I rigged it up as best I could with Stosh's help to give John 2 gears. It made life very tough, but he stuck it in there for a while longer before heading for the car (and the beer).

We continued on for a few more miles and got some good miles in.

Going down Washboard:

Same spot as Beth:

More washboard:

Last picture before heading down the rest of the trail, to the road, and back to the car (and beer).

All in all, we got 11 miles (I think the rest of the group got 6.5?) and it was a perfect day for a ride. Stosh had us over for a barbecue later that evening and it was good times for all.

Thanks monkeys! See you next season at Stewart. Time to start finding other places to ride!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nice pics and write up - Stewart looks really fun.

Stosh - no Zion on Saturday??
Yeah... I like the ZION for after work rides when I need to ride faster to cram in some miles.

The MKIII feels good since I upgraded the springs in the fork.

PS. I may have been the fattest one there but I can still climb. Although.... Beth was having a good climbing day.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Great pics Rob.. we had an awesome time with you guys!!! i need to get there more often next season!!! BTW I had no idea you were taking pics on the three sisters!! what were you in the brush ????

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Great pics Rob.. we had an awesome time with you guys!!! i need to get there more often next season!!! BTW I had no idea you were taking pics on the three sisters!! what were you in the brush ????
Yeah, he fell, so he just decided getting up wasn't worth it anymore.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
A couple of us monkeys met up for one last go at Stewart on saturday. Damned if it wasn't worth it. We had a couple of cameras out there, so there are pictures from both of them tossed in here.

Stosh again:
Checking standover?

Wish I could have made it! I slept till noon and then napped the rest of the day!

WE WILL RIDE BLUE BEFORE THE SNOW FALLS

:banana: :banana: :busted: :busted: :banana: :banana:

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Nice write up and pics (as always) Rob. Sorry I couldn't make it and looks like I missed out :(

I was going to do one more ride at Stewart and where my antler helmet, sound like a good idea?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nice write up and pics (as always) Rob. Sorry I couldn't make it and looks like I missed out :(

I was going to do one more ride at Stewart and where my antler helmet, sound like a good idea?
98% of the hunters out there are drunk so you should be safe.

burly50

Where the hell is everyone?
May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
98% of the hunters out there are drunk so you should be safe.
Hunting season in the Southern Zone (that's us) opens for early archery on October 14. Why stop riding Stewart 2 weeks early?

I used to ride Stewart well into December, or until the first snow fall. You should be fine riding there for a while. The only place that I know of hunters occupying is near Dury Lane which is far from Barron Road or the race course. Maybe they hunt more of the interior now, I don't know.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hunting season in the Southern Zone (that's us) opens for early archery on October 14. Why stop riding Stewart 2 weeks early?

I used to ride Stewart well into December, or until the first snow fall. You should be fine riding there for a while. The only place that I know of hunters occupying is near Dury Lane which is far from Barron Road or the race course. Maybe they hunt more of the interior now, I don't know.

Good point!

Maybe I'll ride there this weekend. :)

I miss it already.