Quantcast

Last weekend of season at Mammoth 9/23-24, who's going?

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Jeb4?

My brother is meeting me there Friday night, highs about 60* so it'll be some nice cool riding. I'll be on a white Foes Fly/gold Foes F1 fork and he'll be on a red Haro X3 with a Manitou Black fork.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Myself and a small cast will be there... we got a condo since -BB- reported temps in the 30's (at night) when he went last weekend.

Bikes to look for:
Sluggo in Orange - it's a burly hardtail... don't see many Hardtails up there.
V10 in Black (-BB-)
7point7 in Black
Green and red Fusion - it's a german bike.

and a big maybe on a green stinky...

solar

Chimp
Jun 21, 2004
Yesterday the high in town was about 59* I believe. At least it should be sunny all weekend.
Good full face helmet weather.
Maybe the kitty litter will freeze overnight and leave us a nice firm riding surface in the morning:biggrin:
See you Friday morning Scott- hope to meet some of you guys as well.

solar-------> black 7point7

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Hopefully the winds will be nice, was up there on Tuesday and they shut down the gondola cause of high winds at the top....something like 80 they were saying

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Was actually pretty nice this past weekend, Saturday was cold up top (30* and 30 mph wind) but Sunday was gorgeous and not cold at all. Just cool and breezy up top, perfect for wearing armor.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Saturday was crazy... trying to get over to Skidmarks took a lot of effort pedaling into that wind!

Plus that midday rush - I've never seen lines that long up there...

We had 2 major mechanicals by the end of the day Saturday, so Sunday we just hit rock creek (brought other bikes for RC) and headed home.

Sorry I didn't recognize anyone up there - same story as always... to much fun riding to stop. I did manage to finally get some pictures, look for a ride report later on this week.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Saturday was crazy...
Plus that midday rush - I've never seen lines that long up there...
We saw the huge line at the gondola and turned down the road to the bottom of chair two to Downtown/Paper Route, then picked up the bottom of Flow and Shotgun. By the time we got back to the gondola the line was gone.