Quantcast

latest adder to the wife's rig

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
finally got the slick e13 direct mount stem for boxxers, and installed it over the weekend. took advantage to trim the steerer tube a bit too. i now see why they don't recommend running 25.4 carbon bars w/ this stem, as you really need to work to get the shims in over the curved part of the bar.

of course, this means i can now use the thomson stem on my bike ;)

a bit of advice; if you are cutting steerer tubes, make sure the star nut is not in the path of the cut. i thought my hacksaw blade was really worn out. :think:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
best thing is that it was only 20 euro. we won it as a raffle when we were in ireland (a search may yield my initial post, if you are curious to the details). so i didn't mind upgrading some of the parts. tally includes:

evil guide
ti spring
stem
bar (sold the gold protaper and bought a black monkey bar)
rear wheel (hadley hub from SSaddict, 823 tubeless rim)
boxxer (got a world cup in lieu of shipping damages which trashed the original team, on our back to the US)
post (swapped the crappy Orange one for a thomson)
headset (got the pink CK for one of her xmas presents last year)
custom rotors (they've got our boys names cut into them)

yeah, it's a pretty pimped out bike; i just wished we lived closer to a mountain so she could ride it more.

maybe i'll put the heavier steel spring back on the 5th and do some freeriding @ lynn or nam :sneaky:

J

JRB

Straighten that damned headset cap up. I would fire you if you were my mechanic. Put the music down and line things up. :mumble:

*I really can't stand for a headset cap to not be centered, and readable from the cockpit.

**oh yeah - nice bike. :thumb: