Quantcast

Latest maxim, error

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I was flipping through the latest maxim (bathroom literature at best) today and I noticed there was a little spread towards the back about a range of different bikes on the market. The first bike listed was the new mongoose "teocali comp." They had the fork mounted backwards. Just wondering if anybody else so that. Thought it was pretty funny...It's on page 157.

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
I saw a guy a few days ago riding along with the disk caliper up front, it took a couple of seconds to realize that he was riding the fork mounted backwards.......at least his helmet was on the right way.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Have you guys ever stopped to think that maybe the bike was designed that way and you are supposed to ride the fork backwards? I hear it gives better small bump sensitivity like that.

J

JRB

Polandspring88 said:
Have you guys ever stopped to think that maybe the bike was designed that way and you are supposed to ride the fork backwards? I hear it gives better small bump sensitivity like that.
I just figured Manitou found out the reverse arch thing is weird.

J

JRB

firetoole said:
no it's just pink bike style if you turn your fork backwards it makes the bike faster the reverse arch acts like a spoiler for your bike
You're filling in for Poland today, huh???