Quantcast

Lawnmower man

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Yeah I've gone off the deep end, but it's fun. I blame it on the music I've been listening to lately. More writeup and photos from this ride on my site soon

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Is that one of those toy ones that has the marble thingies in it that sounds like a popcorn maker when you push it?

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Someone has got to get you back to a suffocating corporate job. You appear to have too much time on your hands and might be enjoying it a little too much.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Westy- with all that weight in the back, it probably wouldn'thave been too hard...

Heidi- yeah yeah, I am trying to be more earth friendly ;)

Changleen- That sounds like something GW would say...

Dump- no comment:mad:

BYO- yep still for sale. Haven't advertised it anywhere other then on my site yet tho. I have mixed feelings about selling it and will probably back out anyway:rolleyes:

Max- I'll take that as a compliment:cool:

JBP- Not at all, it was a little squirrely if I made any quick movements, but I kept a normal speed for about 5 to 7 miles in city(town) riding.

Mike B- I can't deny it :D

More photos over there now.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Westy said:
What would the Icepeeps think?
That's one of the fine things about being middle aged. You stop worrying about what people think and start doing your own thing. Makes life about 210% more enjoyable:D
That being said, they are probably drafting up my resignation letter as I type:help:

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
SkaredShtles said:
Middle aged? I started doing that when I was 23.......... :D
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SkaredShtles again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Splat again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Trainwreck again.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I don't understand.

How does that extension thingy work exactly? I wish I could get a better view of it. Do you have any pictures without the panniers and mower?

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
jdschall said:
I don't understand.

How does that extension thingy work exactly? I wish I could get a better view of it. Do you have any pictures without the panniers and mower?
Yeah I have a lot of photos on my site do a search for xtracycle and it will pull them up.
Heres a closeup

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
BAH said:
Yeah I have a lot of photos on my site do a search for xtracycle and it will pull them up.
Heres a closeup

That's pretty cool. Any advantages over say a trailer?

The kids in my neighborhood would love that thing. I can see it now. One on the bars, one on the pedals, one on the seat holding onto the one on the pedals, and about four hanging off the back. They could more than double their current bike carrying capacity.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
What's wrong with 'em? They're quiet, they're not smelly, they're really light.......... :confused:
OK, I amend my orginal comment to: Dealing with the cord for an electric lawnmower sucks. Not the actual lawnmower itself. Better?

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
jdschall said:
That's pretty cool. Any advantages over say a trailer?

The kids in my neighborhood would love that thing. I can see it now. One on the bars, one on the pedals, one on the seat holding onto the one on the pedals, and about four hanging off the back. They could more than double their current bike carrying capacity.
Yeah a whole bunch I think.

More carrying capability.
More style
Its part of the bike instead of something attached that could bounce around back there. For most things, you don't even realize that you are hauling something.

Yeah, I already took sara for a ride on the back. I put my little nephew inthe side bags, strapped him in and he was super happy just riding in the pouch :) You can also buy wide loaders for another 50 bucks and you have even more carrying capability. I've just gotten started :rofl:

I'm super excited about this thing, it really exceeded all my expectations....

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
ghostrider said:
If that's a Black and Decker 24 volt rechargable you may want to check their website for a recall - mine burst into flames.
:hot:

It's an electric. I bought a two year warrantee on it, so it's fully covered.