Quantcast

lazy fucking friday thread

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And mine's 17.5% in a diversified index fund portfolio. Same exposures but no fees related to the tgt date fund. And it would be higher if I was 100% SP500. The fund is being misused. If you are getting recommendations for a personalized portfolio in the 401k, it shouldn't involve a tgt date fund unless it's 100% because you are paying them for advice. That advice should involve alleviating costs when unnecessary - outside mgmt fees for example.
My 401k is still through work. No fees. My cfp just tells me what to set the mix at.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Now that I am a senior citizen we took a small retirement account that I had and cashed it out penalty free and paid off the credit cards. The money that was paying off the cards and their interest is now invested and earning us money in an account that Ruth's company matches as part of an employee retention plan.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Now that I am a senior citizen we took a small retirement account that I had and cashed it out penalty free and paid off the credit cards. The money that was paying off the cards and their interest is now invested and earning us money in an account that Ruth's company matches as part of an employee retention plan.
You had credit card balances? At *your* age?!? :disgust1: :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went to Walmart and found a 30 pack of toilet paper for sale, or at least what I thought was for sale, for $11ish.

Wait in the stupid long lineup, because of course only one checkout that can scan beer is open.

Scan the butt wipes and they ring up as $18. I do a double take, look back at the line, and then just say fuck it. I gotta go poop and we are all out at home. Gotta do what ya gotta do.

And that's my excitement for the evening.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went took Walmart and found a 30 pack of toilet paper for sale, or at least what I thought was for sale, for $11ish.

Wait in the stupid long lineup, because of course only one checkout that can scan beer is open.

Scan the butt wipes and they ring up as $18. I do a double take, look back at the line, and then just say fuck it. I gotta go poop and we are all out at home. Gotta do what ya gotta do.

And that's my excitement for the evening.
Sounds like a case for @jonKranked

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fucking dressage saddle is around $6000. She just bought a $1000 pair of riding boots. I freaked out spending $275 on some Asolo Fugitive GTX hiking boots or $125 on a fly rod. Good thing she makes enough to more than pay for her stuff and mine

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
After the whole tire debacle I managed to put a solid 6 hours of work into the trailer, adding batteries, requiring factory shit to my standards, etc. Washed both dogs, made tacos, played blocks with the kiddo. I am le tired

I gotta go poop and we are all out at home. Gotta do what ya gotta do.
Who lets their shit ticket stash actually run out? Amateur

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My 401k is still through work. No fees. My cfp just tells me what to set the mix at.
Not commission or loads. Your operating expenses and
Dammit man its trapped in LBS covid part inventory purgatory. Been waiting on a Magura brake line for weeks. They are saying early next week...
I ordered a Reba 26 for Haley. There are none in the US apparently. RockShox next order with any is in February and apparently has 8 being imported into the US (per their system). I ordered it last month to make sure we get it. I'm still not holding my breath.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I’ve had great luck getting parts from Germany recently. Faster than Australia, which is a little closer…

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I have manually screwed 345 various screws and fittings this morning mostly whilst crawling around on my knees in various non-ergonomic positions. Most were pretty easy, a few were a pain in the ass.
Having a nice alcoholic beverage and a sit down now. Managed to avoid finger death.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
If you can stand double postage sent it to me and I’ll fwd. Even better, surely this doesn’t apply to private shipments. Get iRider or someone to ship stuff to you.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Who lets their shit ticket stash actually run out? Amateur
I mean, you're not wrong.

I try to poop at work, though. So really it's rare that the TP is needed. But damn son, it's been a fucked up week. My bowels need to catch up to daylight savings time.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
We will routinely run up the Amex into five digit territory, but always, always pay it off at the end of the month. Does wonders for fico scores. (House remodel, plane tix, hotels, gas, etc).