lazy fucking friday thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Who knew "dream job" meant so many meetings? Half day today. Going on a nice long ride at lunch.
Was it advertised as a "Dream Job"? If it was there's no way I'd apply for it, you know that's gonna be a trap.

I have to work five day weeks now, since the boss's son quit it has been a lot more tolerable plus I got a pay rise and I didn't get in trouble when I used the term "skull fuck" in a meeting, hahaha!

Now that I am a senior citizen we took a small retirement account that I had and cashed it out penalty free and paid off the credit cards. The money that was paying off the cards and their interest is now invested and earning us money in an account that Ruth's company matches as part of an employee retention plan.
Hilarie and I always paid off credit cards in full each month. Over more than five decades that meant a bunch of cash in hand. Purchasing vehicles for cash also made a difference. The most significant interest payment we have had was our mortgage, and we paid that off early. Of course, it was only $15 or 20 K...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I survived my last semester senior year on credit card debt. I was terrified of my acquired $700 debt, paid it off with my expense account cash advance from my first job and haven't carried CC debt since.
paying for the vw wagon with a check was fun for me...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
what did you get? pics, dammit.
same wagon i have had the last couple years....

2.5 with the huge sunroof....the dealership really wants to buy it back w/94k miles on it....im not interested in looking for another car...