Quantcast

***lazy sunderp gmt***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sunday lazy Sunday.

Went out to walk around Portsmouth with the wife yesterday. Was nice and all, but American cities and their lack of restrooms is BS. Kind of absurd that the only places with restroom access require you to be a patron.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. The amount of research it takes to figure out 1) finding baseboards for the house 2) amount needed 3) most cost effective way to select, is a pain in the ass. I can't find 1/2x6" pine anywhere, so that means that I will be forced to do resawing of 1x6" boards. I did manage to find a 6" baseboard, but it will force me to do coping, which is a true pain in the ass, but might end up being easier in the end vs. resawing wood. Now I need to figure out how to get 700' of baseboard in 16' lengths to my house, given I will only have the Forester once Wifey leaves with the girls in the Pilot. I'm hoping to get some touch-up painting done in the interim so that I don't need to wait for paint to dry while I need to do baseboards

Finally said fuck it and bought a nice crosscut jig from Rockler. Price to make one is negligibly more and I know this is straight, so easy enough. Hopefully that makes my life a lot easier with the smaller pieces as well.

Wifey is taking the girls to the Gaylord Hotel for a couple days during spring break to give me a few days with no distractions to get my work on. That will allow me to grind out a few 10hr days back to back to get most everything done.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Here. The amount of research it takes to figure out 1) finding baseboards for the house 2) amount needed 3) most cost effective way to select, is a pain in the ass. I can't find 1/2x6" pine anywhere, so that means that I will be forced to do resawing of 1x6" boards. I did manage to find a 6" baseboard, but it will force me to do coping, which is a true pain in the ass, but might end up being easier in the end vs. resawing wood. Now I need to figure out how to get 700' of baseboard in 16' lengths to my house, given I will only have the Forester once Wifey leaves with the girls in the Pilot. I'm hoping to get some touch-up painting done in the interim so that I don't need to wait for paint to dry while I need to do baseboards

Finally said fuck it and bought a nice crosscut jig from Rockler. Price to make one is negligibly more and I know this is straight, so easy enough. Hopefully that makes my life a lot easier with the smaller pieces as well.

Wifey is taking the girls to the Gaylord Hotel for a couple days during spring break to give me a few days with no distractions to get my work on. That will allow me to grind out a few 10hr days back to back to get most everything done.
Buy a house they said...

I walked into our garage yesterday to find most of the floor covered in water. Snow/ice melt on the shaded east side of the house seems to be seeping through the wall at ground level somehow :/

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
day 6 of 30 days yoga. Hate to admit it, but my neck tension has vanished.

now where is my damn fatbike! :rant:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Buy a house they said...

I walked into our garage yesterday to find most of the floor covered in water. Snow/ice melt on the shaded east side of the house seems to be seeping through the wall at ground level somehow :/
Buddy has a neighbor who is a structural engineer, so not a realtor recommended fellow. If you want the contact info, let me know and I'll get it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
:wave:

Skiing yesterday was nice, but very late spring like. Does not bode well for much more of a ski season.
agreed on both counts. But looks like a storm will come in Wed-Thurs or so at least for WP.

Rent a truck from home depot
Their truck beds are 8'. I need to check the van lengths...
Enterprise truck rental. Anything is yours up to a 26’ box truck for a reasonable price.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Also late notice but forgot to post it: “riding” RR-DR this morning. 9:30 at Hogback lot.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
day 6 of 30 days yoga. Hate to admit it, but my neck tension has vanished.

now where is my damn fatbike! :rant:
Two weeks.
Buddy has a neighbor who is a structural engineer, so not a realtor recommended fellow. If you want the contact info, let me know and I'll get it.
Thanks. There's a downspout from the guttering outside the spot where I think the issue is. I think it must have a bunch of pine needles underground in the runoff pipe which can cause it to freeze and back overflow in cold weather. I need to try and unblock that to stop the ice overflow and see if that stops the issue. But with current weather I might not see the issue again until next winter.

Still not sure where the water is managing to come through a brick/concrete block wall though.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
U-haul too, whatever is most convenient.
U-haul likes bullshit like $20 per day. Oh and $1 per mile from mile 1. In quoting out such things I’ve found Enterprise to be more reasonable by far for any normal distance.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
U-haul likes bullshit like $20 per day. Oh and $1 per mile from mile 1. In quoting out such things I’ve found Enterprise to be more reasonable by far for any normal distance.
the difference in distance between uhaul & enterprise from where I live makes it not worth it, at least in my case.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Spent the weekend pulling copper out of a Furnas MCC. Will weigh the haul later. My knuckles couldn't take much more of that. Now getting tacos to fuel a dirt throwing session.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Two weeks.

Thanks. There's a downspout from the guttering outside the spot where I think the issue is. I think it must have a bunch of pine needles underground in the runoff pipe which can cause it to freeze and back overflow in cold weather. I need to try and unblock that to stop the ice overflow and see if that stops the issue. But with current weather I might not see the issue again until next winter.

Still not sure where the water is managing to come through a brick/concrete block wall though.
French drain might be in your future.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Effing work. got a text that some safety gear is missing from 2 rigs. had to go chase that down this morning. Vehicle inspector is going to be an hour late. I will be lucky to reach the lake by 3 to try out the outriggers on my Kayak

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sunday lazy Sunday.

Went out to walk around Portsmouth with the wife yesterday. Was nice and all, but American cities and their lack of restrooms is BS. Kind of absurd that the only places with restroom access require you to be a patron.
Yall just need a Tim Hortons on every block, in every town. Us Canaderps are never more than an arms throw from Tim's, which doesn't care if you use the restroom without buying anything.

I once almost pissed my pants at a public restroom in France. I didn't have the right coins to open the stall door - luckily someone finished right as the floodwaters were about to open, I jumped into their stall before the door closed.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Sunday lazy Sunday.

own a business....have fun keeping up with women fucking shit up weekly in the shitter...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Got thai at the local food truck this evening. Still amazes me that we have great thai food in such a small town....in Denmark! :banana:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
D7D90BB7-5811-4113-91FF-D39D5BC2E68A.jpeg

was on the trail about an hour ahead of @Full Trucker. Gave myself a bloody leg due to a 1 mph topple onto a rock. Whoops. Also was just a little timid on the exposed sections, of which there are many.

But it was a ride, I didn’t die, and the leg will be just fine in a day or three.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
ProductQuantityPrice
Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5 x 2.5" WT 3C MaxxGrip EXO TR Tire1CA$65.00
Maxxis Assegai 27.5 x 2.5" WT 3C MaxxTerra TR EXO Tire1CA$75.00
Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5 x 2.4" WT 3C MaxxTerra TR EXO+ Tire1CA$79.00

All set for summer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005