Quantcast

***le choo choo GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Fufilling a childhood dream of riding the bullet train. TGV to Lyon, then on to Siena. Late night doing the Eiffel Tower tourist thing, then super early this morning for le train. I need le nap.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I washed the wife’s minivan and briefly lost then found a credit card that escaped from my wallet as it fell from a precarious perch. Life is exciting, I tell ya.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Why are only the CO people awake?

Planning guys trip to Bend this year. I have reconfirmed that United Airlines is ridiculous. $600 for the cheapest round trip flight after taxes and having to pay for a bag. Means I still have to rent a bike $150 while I'm there because it will cost more to fly my bike out. Plus I'm a giant and I don't fit into United seats. While bunch of nope to that.

I have enough Southwest points that I can fly out to PDX for $41 (taxes and because I'm paying for early check-in) plus $150 round trip for my bike. Then rent a truck for $200 and drive to Bend from PDX. Even after gas, I still walk away ahead by a massive amount, I get to ride my own bike, and I don't have to fly in a seat that is painfully to small for me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Southwest seats are bigger than United? Is it all legroom/seat pitch issues? Why Stoney no Economy Plus at least?

Flying on points is cheap, though. Can’t argue with that.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

Fufilling a childhood dream of riding the bullet train. TGV to Lyon, then on to Siena. Late night doing the Eiffel Tower tourist thing, then super early this morning for le train. I need le nap.
FUN!

question about waiters/waitresses over there......are they as fascinated with dry humping their phones as their american counterparts when they are not helping anyone......were you waiting for service while they were fucking off?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Holy moly is there some gorgeous country side between here and there. And good Lord, do the Italian trains blow the French ones away. Plus, we got to watch the Porter's break up a fistfight outside of Grenoble, so free show!

FUN!

question about waiters/waitresses over there......are they as fascinated with dry humping their phones as their american counterparts when they are not helping anyone......were you waiting for service while they were fucking off?
I never once saw wait staff on a phone. I get the impression that would be a major faux pas in France. That said, eating is a very different experience. Generally, you don't get water unless you ask for it, the meal takes a long time and is serverd in multiple courses (if you do it right) and you don't get the tab until you ask for it. Eating is a death sport in France. They expect you to treat it with the seriousness they think a world class meal deserves. If you're prepared, it's not a big deal. We have nothing but good things to say about being out and about in Paris. Easily, 2 of the top 3 meals I've had in my entire life happened in the last 4 days and we didn't ever really hit a "fancy" place.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Southwest seats are bigger than United? Is it all legroom/seat pitch issues? Why Stoney no Economy Plus at least?

Flying on points is cheap, though. Can’t argue with that.
Wider and more legroom. Economy Plus is an additional $100. I'll drive the extra distance thank you.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I ran a 5K this morning and dropped an 18:53. Holy shitballs. I finished third overall out of 150-200 people...I don't know exactly because the timing company was having issues and haven't posted results to the interweb. Then I got home and pedaled the douchemobile (tri bike) for 20 miles.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
holy butt pucker Batman. Accelerating out of a red light on a 4 lane road with a concrete center divider in my Brodozer with a guy on a scooter in the fast lane and me in the slow lane coming up over a rise in a sweeping right hand turn. Just as we crest the rise there is this guy in his 70s in a GMC Sierra coming right at us driving the wrong way in the left lane. I slammed on my brakes and swerved right. The scooter driver tried to do the same but his front wheel washed out and down he went. Scooter bounced off the GMC and the rider splatted on the asphalt at 35mph. if I had not swerved I think my back tires would have rolled over him.

The scooter guy got damn lucky, no concussion just a lot of torn clothes and road rash. PD cited the GMC driver

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
holy butt pucker Batman. Accelerating out of a red light on a 4 lane road with a concrete center divider in my Brodozer with a guy on a scooter in the fast lane and me in the slow lane coming up over a rise in a sweeping right hand turn. Just as we crest the rise there is this guy in his 70s in a GMC Sierra coming right at us driving the wrong way in the left lane. I slammed on my brakes and swerved right. The scooter driver tried to do the same but his front wheel washed out and down he went. Scooter bounced off the GMC and the rider splatted on the asphalt at 35mph. if I had not swerved I think my back tires would have rolled over him.

The scooter guy got damn lucky, no concussion just a lot of torn clothes and road rash. PD cited the GMC driver
Please... for the love of the @FSM, release us from this nightmare and release our robot overlords to chauffeur us around. Humans SUCK at driving.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
watching via instagram volunteers working at fdr skatepark....

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Took first full length test, passed by 4%. Not particularly comfortable with that. Second is tomorrow, but I'm going to sleep now. Totally exhausted from studying, practicing, and testing.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode my bike pretty hard today. I actually felt good. No blank tape. Legs and arms are very tired. I predict I will be sore tomorrow. Hr is 77. Oxygen is 92. Blood sugar was 94. No alcohol since April 28th.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rode my bike pretty hard today. I actually felt good. No blank tape. Legs and arms are very tired. I predict I will be sore tomorrow. Hr is 77. Oxygen is 92. Blood sugar was 94. No alcohol since April 28th.
How is that fancy toilet paper treating you?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Riding without crashing? Blasphemy...
Thats what I am saying. The timing is terrible considering no surgery appointment yet and I am supposed to be driving to Eastern Wyoming in a week. The Solo trip home could be fun if I can keep the ankle brace on all stays good. Doc said my ankle has 10mm of deflection, compared to a normal 4mm. Gawd dammit