Quantcast

Le Crueset 7.25qt dutch oven for the cheap

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://store.kitchenhut.com/lecrl4bl7quf.html

$171 for a 7.25qt dutch over AND a grill pan of somesort. Either blue or flame.

AND if you enter the coupon FRANCE you'll get another 20% off.

Now for the other part. Apparently these are not stocked and can take awhile to get. The friend that told me about it waited about 5 weeks to get it. However, it was a brand new one in the box not visible defects or faults. He called Le Crueset and they said they are in fact an authorized dealer. They didn't charge his card until after it shipped.

That's a hellva a deal. I've got a flame on on order now. So let's see how long it takes to get.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Last summer my girl came home with a mint condition oval 7.5 quart Le Crueset D.O. from a garage sale. It was $40. That thing has gotten a lot of use: Short ribs, lamb shanks, pork sugo, etc., etc.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I had it in the cart, and I had to back away. I already have a 6qt enameled Dutch Oven, and this would just be mindless consumerism.

Nice find though...thanks!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
not really...le creuset is a french company.

so actually, he is embracing freedom.
I found it funny that le creuset actually calls it a french oven not a dutch oven. And that the dutch oven is actually credited to Paul Revere. Though urban dictionary has an interesting definition of dutch oven.

Target has a 5qt one for $52.99 that Cooks Illustrated says is good.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_12/602-9257394-1907804?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0000DJBL6

Though I'm still sticking with the le crueset deal regardless of whether they hate freedom or not.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I have the Mario Batali one, which works just fine.

I thought that French Ovens were the same idea, just oval in shape instead of round?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the oval is good for stuff like scalloped potatoes, and a kickass indian coriander chicken dish i make, but for osso buco or short ribs, bigger is better.