Quantcast

Le Dude 2 - good choice?

psycho144

Chimp
Jun 18, 2009
Hi
I've got one question ;) - What do you think about Le dude 2 (2006) ?
Example photo:
http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php/photo/25024
I want to use this frame in fr (beggining). I add question on forum , because i couldn't find any information about this frame...
I will use it with 66/domain.
Is a good choice for a 450 (usa dolars)$ - for a frame with truvativ boxguite, pig dh, Fox Vanilla RC 600 ?

Sorry for my english [

=edit=
fixed - thx :*

Last edited:

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Spam here... I have a 2007 Yeti ASX for sale. 7 inches of travel, triple crown capable, comes with cane creek headset, fox dhx 5.0 and 3 new drop outs. PM me if you are interested. I can let it go for $500, firm.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
From the link you posted, it looks like an overbuilt frame so it would do well for DH or FR. Looks heavy but doens't look flexy. The head tube gussets look pretty burley. I say build it and ride the piss out of it. $450 for a clean frameset, headset, and I'd assume a truvativ BB is a reasonable price.... although if you break something, finding specific frame parts (like dropouts) for that bike may be a little tough. If you buy and build it, make sure to post pics. We'd love to see it built up. Good Luck and welcome to Ridemonkey!

psycho144

Chimp
Jun 18, 2009
Second question...
I couuldn't choose better frame frome this both:
le dude 2 (2006) vs big hit expert (2004)
both in great condition... same price... other kinds of suspension...
This will be my first fullsuspension bike, and i don't now what will be better for me.
Le dude 2 - awesome exotic frame , with fantastic design (for me)
Big Hit Expert 2004 - nice suspension.
There will be big difference between suspension in these frames ?

Last edited:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
The Dude-2 is a single pivot suspension. It'll be great on hucks, drops, and really rough stuff, but I'd imagine it pedals like a marshmallow (doesn't pedal very well). But being a single pivot, it would require just a little less maintenance than a non single pivot (single pivots have fewer bearings and linkages... for the most part). Again, if you broke something, you could be Sh!t outta luck.

The Big Hit is a tried and true design. The FSR suspension design is tried and true. It pedals very well and tracks terrain like it was glued to the ground. For FR, where you'd expect to pedal in some sections, having a bike that pedals well and still tackles the big stuff is ideal. Drawback is that the Big hit uses a 26" tire up front, and 24" in the rear. Having to use a 24" tire kind of limits your tire choices. If you broke something or needed new bearings you'd be able to find just about anything you need (new or used).

If I were given the choice, I'd pick the Big Hit.