Quantcast

le hump day gfmt

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
welp. c6 and c7 fractured. no blood vessel or ligament or spinal cord damage. sounds like about as simple/basic surgery as possible to insert a ti plate in between and then stabilize w/small plate and screws. best of a bad situation? surgery at 11.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

I seem to find myself in the tenuous position of liking about 99% of the people in my life, be they neighbors or coworkers. My coworkers, by and large, are friendly, approachable, and competent. My neighbors, with the exception of the people next door who I've never met despite having lived there for 2 years, are all awesome. What an idyllic situation.

welp. c6 and c7 fractured. no blood vessel or ligament or spinal cord damage. sounds like about as simple/basic surgery as possible to insert a ti plate in between and then stabilize w/small plate and screws. best of a bad situation? surgery at 11.
Not sure whether to dislike or like.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

What the fuck did I miss? Good luck with surgery!

Edit: Nevermind, I saw it in yesterdays GMT. Sounds like 13 year old better be getting mom a hell of a Mothers Day present!

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@jstuhlman good to hear things are "good". Could be worse etc. Hope everything goes smoothly!

Do some demand management training at work. Snooze....

On that same note, someone brought up creating a report and adding the request to our demand system. I spoke up and said it'll be quicker to make the power bi report, than it will to enter the request into the system. We should just do it..... Got told it should be added anyways...fuck :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Cold, rain, work. Not much to like there, but a personal package for me was delivered at work, so that is one reason to go in this morning.

The wife and I managed to figure out we will have been married 9 years this year. We both thought we were at year 7. Thank God Google timestamps my pictures. :rofl:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Missed that. Hang in there and good luck!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
congrats

Our 24th anniversary in this coming Monday, been together for 26
My first was 2 years, my second was almost 10. Then tried again for almost 2. This one's for keeps. We both laugh about "wouldn't it have been funny had we met when we were both at Intel in '94?" But the reality is we both went through what we went through to be the people we are. It probably wouldn't have worked back then.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Mechanic coming today to have a look at the forklift. Could be a few things causing the issue, figured might save me a little instead of me just throwing parts at it.

Another nice looking day so far.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Sorry to hear, glad it wasn't worse.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
0430, here these days.
Same girl, same.

Dogs fed and walked by 5:15, out the door at 5:45, in the door at 6:30. I usually take my first smoke break around 8-8:30 depending on meetings. I usually leave by noon so I am home for my 1:30 daily meeting. But we are starting an all hands in office day once a sprint (3 weeks). So I will be WFH 2 days a week starting next week.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

What the fuck did I miss? Good luck with surgery!

Edit: Nevermind, I saw it in yesterdays GMT. Sounds like 13 year old better be getting mom a hell of a Mothers Day present!
damn, completely missed this too... I thought it was the kid, but it's your wife... fuckin' shit. glad to hear nothing's severely damaged. Fingers crossed the hardware doesn't cause undue pain down the road... hit the PT as hard as you can, as soon as you can.

on that note, I have started treatment with a new PT for my back pain. She did some dry needling in my back yesterday morning. it was a first for me. pain came on pretty strong late in the day, but I went for a quick ride anyways. I've found that the best cure for my back pain is physical activity, usually lying down makes it worse. Definitely feel more limber and loose this morning. hopefully it helped?

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Damn... I completely missed this too. While I am dealing with lots of ramifications from the rods and screws lodged in my spine, your son may be able to avoid all that. A buddy of mine's kid also did a number on his spine at 13. His young body was able to heal and bounce back full strength with no long term effects... fingers crossed for your boy....

on that note, I have started treatment with a new PT for my back pain. She did some dry needling in my back yesterday morning. it was a first for me. pain came on pretty strong late in the day, but I went for a quick ride anyways. I've found that the best cure for my back pain is physical activity, usually lying down makes it worse. Definitely feel more limber and loose this morning. hopefully it helped?
correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the surgery is for his wife.

internal fixation generally isn't used on pediatric / juvenile patients.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the surgery is for his wife.

internal fixation generally isn't used on pediatric / juvenile patients.
yes. responded before I read yesterday's post. I have now edited my post...

and in retrospect, I think you are correct, my buddy's kid recovered without fixation, just the corset. I guess kids' bodies are still growing at that age, and can actually heal the bones?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yes. responded before I read yesterday's post. I have now edited my post...

and in retrospect, I think you are correct, my buddy's kid recovered without fixation, just the corset. I guess kids' bodies are still growing at that age, and can actually heal the bones?
bingo. skeletal growth is not finalized. that isn't to say its never used, just rarely. and only if ex-fix isn't a viable option.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I seem to find myself in the tenuous position of liking about 99% of the people in my life,
when senility comes with pleasant feelings to all then it's fortunate indeed

:)

/me is wfh. going to urgent care to get my man-cold checked out/tested.

healing vibes to your wife after her ACDF, jstuhlman.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my guy at the local beer store offered me a free hat for some seltzer brand yesterday. i look at him like, have i ever bought hard seltzer from you?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Mechanic coming today to have a look at the forklift. Could be a few things causing the issue, figured might save me a little instead of me just throwing parts at it.

Another nice looking day so far.
Try fitting a new fromulator. If you want some extra HP, get one with mauve striping.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Smoke break. :drag:

I will say the construction traffic has gotten silly. I'm pretty sure it will be worse when they are done and it's full of jackasses.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, it’s been one year since my dad died. In a very touching memoriam, he has been given a permanent chair at the British Museum. This is huge honor, especially being a yank.
“A Major Award!” (As they said in A Christmas Story.) They flew my mom over to preside over the ceremony.
Sorry to brag on my Dad, but he was truly a giant among his peers in Academia.
And beloved for his humility.