Quantcast

le hump day gfmt

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So, it’s been one year since my dad died. In a very touching memoriam, he has been given a permanent chair at the British Museum. This is huge honor, especially being a yank.
“A Major Award!” (As they said in A Christmas Story.) They flew my mom over to preside over the ceremony.
Sorry to brag on my Dad, but he was a giant among his peers in Academia.
a chair on the board? or a physical chair somewhere in the museum with his name on it?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
welp. c6 and c7 fractured. no blood vessel or ligament or spinal cord damage. sounds like about as simple/basic surgery as possible to insert a ti plate in between and then stabilize w/small plate and screws. best of a bad situation? surgery at 11.
God damn. Best of luck to your wife, and I hope your kid isn't taking it too hard.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I may go broke, but if I'm in the office past noon, I'm getting tacos. I can walk 100 yards to the truck, or I can get in my truck, drive 3 miles to your choice of drive thru, or drive 20 minutes to another taco truck.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
What's it doing?
While I would have loved to have @HardtailHack i think his service call fee might have been a little high.
It an older Nissan, surging in the power curve. Almost seemed to be a governor issue. Mechanic thinks it’s all in the carb. Found a new carb for $80. Nice looking old Nikki carb, but the rebuild kit was close to the price of a new knock off.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I may go broke, but if I'm in the office past noon, I'm getting tacos. I can walk 100 yards to the truck, or I can get in my truck, drive 3 miles to your choice of drive thru, or drive 20 minutes to another taco truck.
100 yard walk seems like a sufficient amount of exercise to reward one's self with delicious tacos. Plus you're supporting the local economy and reducing green house emissions. Actual as I type this I realize you should be eating tacos every day. You'd kind of be a dick not to. You don't want to be a dick do you ?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
100 yard walk seems like a sufficient amount of exercise to reward one's self with delicious tacos. Plus you're supporting the local economy and reducing green house emissions. Actual as I type this I realize you should be eating tacos every day. You'd kind of be a dick not to. You don't want to be a dick do you ?
I was thinking the same thing. I feel much better giving them $12 +20% for 4 incredible tacos vs spending that at Taco Time. :rofl:

I honestly can't decide if the carnitas or the asada is better, so that will take additional testing for sure..

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
While I would have loved to have @HardtailHack i think his service call fee might have been a little high.
It an older Nissan, surging in the power curve. Almost seemed to be a governor issue. Mechanic thinks it’s all in the carb. Found a new carb for $80. Nice looking old Nikki carb, but the rebuild kit was close to the price of a new knock off.
Haha, yeah bit hard to diagnose over the internet.
Was hoping for a hydraulic issue, or something fun, engine issues on older machines are usually no fun.

Edit I start with looking at the distributor, make sure the advance mech is free, no cracks in cap, check the diaphragm for leaks(if connected).
The Chuck the spark analyser on, if that's no good, meter the leads, check plugs.
Then check to see if the carby by is loose then pretend I know what I'm doing.

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
So, it’s been one year since my dad died. In a very touching memoriam, he has been given a permanent chair at the British Museum. This is huge honor, especially being a yank.
“A Major Award!” (As they said in A Christmas Story.) They flew my mom over to preside over the ceremony.
Sorry to brag on my Dad, but he was truly a giant among his peers in Academia.
And beloved for his humility.
Reading your dads obituary was (not to be too cliché) inspiring. Holy shit, what a guy. Sounded like he had a hell of a life.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if i ate tacos every day i would be expelling quite a bit of green house gasses to the detriment of the planet.