Quantcast

Le Mans 2012

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
yup but the remaining one is really taking the race to the Audis! Apparently a beast of a crash, both cars upside down, with the Toyota airborne before landing on it's wheels again. Anthony Davidson's been driven off to hospital as a result

[

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
it obviously wasnt intentionally. they probably have zero visibility out the side of those LMP's plus that Delta Wing is small.
its great to see 25 ex-F1 drivers racing this weekend.

ouch. almost as bad as Audi's crash last year
302 Found

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
no idea. where did you see it?
If you click on the link thats in the OP, then scroll through the list to the Delta, its listed in its stats under "class". Still shows 75 laps though so maybe its out after all. When I first checked this morning the leader only had something like 18 laps but it already showed the Delta as out, so I don't know how it got all the additional laps.

auzzy

Chimp
May 1, 2008
Victoria, BC
Super bummed about the Deltawing, I wanted to see it at least finish. Hopefully the team doesn't let this discourage them from further competition. Also sorry to see the Toyotas fall behind, those Audi's can't be winning all the time!

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
If you click on the link thats in the OP, then scroll through the list to the Delta, its listed in its stats under "class".
ahh, i see it now. since there wasnt a specific class for it to race in, they allowed them to "participate" and not actually compete with the others for the overall. i believe they allowed it to help showcase new technologies ...maybe it stands for "conditional."

bummed about the Toyota driver who had the bad crash. he tweeted that he broke his back :eek:

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
ahh, i see it now. since there wasnt a specific class for it to race in, they allowed them to "participate" and not actually compete with the others for the overall. i believe they allowed it to help showcase new technologies ...maybe it stands for "conditional."
Ah, I see, I wasn't aware that it wasn't really "racing", so that makes sense.

bummed about the Toyota driver who had the bad crash. he tweeted that he broke his back :eek:
:think: Hardcore.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Motoyama's attempts to get back into the race while trying to adhere to the rules at Le Mans of not walking too far from your car or being touched by a course marshall

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Motoyama's attempts to get back into the race while trying to adhere to the rules at Le Mans of not walking too far from your car or being touched by a course marshall

As a LAST effort attempt he should of jumped into the tow/lift tractor and brought his car back to the pits all on his own with that.:D