Quantcast

Le Mans

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
yeah, he's in one of the pescarolos, last i seen his car was doing pretty well, but he had just got into it last i seen, in the practice sessions he was lapping 5 seconds off the pace of his team mates, i'm sure he will settle into a faster rythem as he gets comfortable during his stint. all luck to him though.
personally there isnt anybody or any team i'm particularily rooting for this year, i dunno, i thefootage just seems so disconnected(hard to explain what i'm trying to say) from the racing this year, i just not getting into the atmosphere of the race, not realy as excited as usual. i think its down to the footage though they seem to be really bad at keeping track of whats happening, leaving me confused.
hopefully it will become more apparent nearer the end.

looked like there is gonna be a good scrap between the astons and corvettes in the GT1 class.
last i heard it was vette/aston/vette/aston and were on the same lap and closing up together, the aston was out front but had a problem in the pits and the vette passed him, so its gonna be a tight one ear the end. but that as a few hours ago i last heard any info, they arnt covering the night time phase as they cant get any decent footage in the dark so coverge resumes tomorrow moning.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
Andyman_1970 said:
I noticed that as well, I wished the Aston-Martins would have done better.
as did i, shame about the reliability but thats what le mans is about, reliability is the name of the game.
by far the best looking cars out there, i have really fallen in love with that car.

if i recall correctly the saleen dosnt conform to le mans regulations like the masarati, it has sonething to do with dimensions, the regulations were brought in after the merc flipped a while back.
ALMS have allowed the cars to race in their series though.