Quantcast

Le "Not working at the office Tuesderp" GMT.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Shopping for a Garmin out front mount. Seen some interesting designs on Ebay where it attaches to the stem but not sure of the quality and how it will fit my stem. K-edge is an option. Or just move the stem and mount from the other bike that I don't use that much but I do hate having the computer on the stem as you have to look down too much.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
one kid pissy about his braces hurting. the other with maybe pinkeye. need to get some writing done at work....glorious. is it fuckit friday yet???

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Another grey, rainy day here. 1/2 day at work, then a mad dash home and a visit to a dentist, then moar meetings in the evening.
Is it Freeday, yet?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Taco Tuesday, I say to thee....hold your heads up, ladies and gents. Soon.

Until then, let us roll up our sleeves and go contribute to the Gross National Product. On the way in, I stopped for coffee and was greeted by a still-warm delivery of Krispy Kreme doughnuts at the convenience store entrance. You can bet a 2-pack was purchased, so I listened to 2 Pac on the way in to work while eating my 2-pack while destroying any hopes of ever having a six-pack - but knowing full well I'll probably stop and get a 12-pack on the way home.

Derp.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Still can’t lift left arm above shoulder height without lots of pain. I’ll give it a couple of weeks before an MRI.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Still can’t lift left arm above shoulder height without lots of pain. I’ll give it a couple of weeks before an MRI.
Sounds like classic collarbone or separated shoulder.
Why wait to get it checked?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Current VP is here. He didn't come by to say 'hi'. This is a uh... good sign.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Shopping for a Garmin out front mount. Seen some interesting designs on Ebay where it attaches to the stem but not sure of the quality and how it will fit my stem. K-edge is an option. Or just move the stem and mount from the other bike that I don't use that much but I do hate having the computer on the stem as you have to look down too much.
I have the Adjustable Garmin Stem Mount on my trail bike and it works really well, no issues so far. I have a couple of spacers above the stem on my bike, leaving the steerer tube a little long for resale because not everyone likes bars as low as I do. I actually adjust the thing "down" so that it's not facing as backwards, and makes it easier to read. I doesn't hang over the front of the stem too far either, which is comforting since I've smashed a couple of Garmins using mounts that put the unit way out front. My Garmin is an Edge 510, so it's not super large to begin with. YMMV.

I also have the Gravity Top Cap Mount on my hardtail, and it angles a bit backward and it's kinda far back just sitting on the top cap like that. It's serviceable, but I like the other mount more betterer.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
This.

Once your muscles start tightening up the pain will just move elsewhere and make recovery that much more of a PITA.

Sounds like a bad case of e-bike-itis...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
try it now?
Do you have zee bump on the top of your shoulder?

Hopefully not separated....that crap sucks!
AC joint is fine. Clavicle is not broken. Self diagnosis is a supraspinatus injury, hopefully just a sprain.

are the healing powers of thai food not working :confused:
you rub spicy hot on it?

similar to mr miyagi clapping/rubbing hands?
Intriguing ideas... I have not had Thai food since the crash. Perhaps that is the problem here.

This.

Once your muscles start tightening up the pain will just move elsewhere and make recovery that much more of a PITA.

Was on my 5010. I should use this as a lesson not to ride it... :D

Probably has a HDHP and it would cost a whole bunch of $$ out-of-pocket.

:D
This is true, too, but the primary reason is that I don't think any extra imaging would help me right now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
toshi has 5010 and ebike......dentists do not have shot on him....

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
weird morning at Basecamp 7033. littlest one was melting down all morning causing mom to get intense.
still getting used to this shit & dont really know how to support her on these rare mornings. just sat in bed and applied for jobs since I dont have to be at work until 9am these days.

got the bike rolling. almost killed myself bombing down gravel roads in town. lol

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This.

I had an AC separation last summer and the recovery sucked. But what sucked even more, was trying to get my shoulder scanned. After months and months of waiting and not getting anywhere with local doctors, I just said fuck it and abandoned all hope. The shoulder is strong now, but sometimes feels a little strange..

Should probably try to get it checked out again one of these days... :rolleyes:

Our health care here is great and I wouldn't want anything less, but damn it can be frustrating sometimes.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
He might know a guy in the MRI department. :rofl:
Seriously. @Toshi isn’t it time to “re-calibrate” the machine ?
When I was a poor resident at my comparatively sleepy hospital during residency I'd have done this. But here we run the magnets non-stop. We scan outpatients all day Sunday, for instance... So if I get one I'll go through the formal mechanism and get scheduled, pay for it out of my HSA, etc.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have the Adjustable Garmin Stem Mount on my trail bike and it works really well, no issues so far. I have a couple of spacers above the stem on my bike, leaving the steerer tube a little long for resale because not everyone likes bars as low as I do. I actually adjust the thing "down" so that it's not facing as backwards, and makes it easier to read. I doesn't hang over the front of the stem too far either, which is comforting since I've smashed a couple of Garmins using mounts that put the unit way out front. My Garmin is an Edge 510, so it's not super large to begin with. YMMV.

I also have the Gravity Top Cap Mount on my hardtail, and it angles a bit backward and it's kinda far back just sitting on the top cap like that. It's serviceable, but I like the other mount more betterer.
This is for a gravel bike where I do a lot of long rides where I use it for navigation so I want it out front

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Bouncing outta Vancouver today to head over to the island...I’m not a city person to begin with and driving around the city is a big of a PITA.

Anyway, names have been redacted to protect the innocent, but it turns out a few good farts will indeed set off the natural gas detector in our camper. That was an unpleasant way to get woken up.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I had an AC separation last summer and the recovery sucked. But what sucked even more, was trying to get my shoulder scanned. After months and months of waiting and not getting anywhere with local doctors, I just said fuck it and abandoned all hope. The shoulder is strong now, but sometimes feels a little strange..

Should probably try to get it checked out again one of these days... :rolleyes:

Our health care here is great and I wouldn't want anything less, but damn it can be frustrating sometimes.
I did a grade 2/3 separation and 2.5 years later it's finally mostly ok. Have done lots of PT for it and that really helps.

In general I'm of the opinion that if it doesn't stop you from riding than you should just keep running it. Spending $$ and time at the doctor is usually a waste unless you know you want to get cut open to fix it. They will charge you for an x-ray and tell you they want to do and MRI. Then they will do and MRI and tell you that your options are surgery or to keep it as is. Well yeah doc... I could have told you that.

Surgery for an AC joint is pretty straight forward and can be done years after the injury if you still feel significant weakness in your shoulder. They just bolt everything back together and send you on your way.