Quantcast

Le Otter 16'

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Ok monkeys, who's going to Sea Otter this year?

I'm currently trying to figure out how to get my ass there for a few days of bikes and drinking. The group from the shop I used to work at isn't making it out this year so I'm formulating alternate plans. Anyone trying to get a group together for a camp site or hotel room? Anyone have room for another smelly body? I will be bringing beer and herbal remedies as well as paying my portion of whatever needs paying for.

Sea Otter 15.jpg

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Update. Got one friend who's gonna join me so I jumped on a reservation for a tent camping site.

I'm not sure exactly sure how big these sites are (says it can fit a 28' camper) but I'm assuming there will be room for at least an extra monkey or two. So any Otter Monkeys looking for a spot of dirt to sleep on hit me up. Do if for 'MERICA

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Wussing out this year. 5hr drive there, 3hr xc race, 5hr drive back. Done it before, want to take 2016 off. Will be doing closer events to minimize drive time/increase smooze time..........

Would like to see the expo, though......

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I have no idea what this means
There appears to have been some sort of disconnect between my brain and my fingers while I was typing that. What I meant to say was:

I saw a bunch of fat bikes racing the downhill last year in the hardtail category lolol mfw fml smh fts

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
One thing I discovered on my ride Sunday is that even though big and unweildy, the fat tires can be turned. however... don't try and get airborne, because they will correct your course for you. I tried to do a little root to root hip gap around a tree and was corrected mid-flight. disconcerting to say the least. You'd have to be very strong in order to ride one of them fast downhill on a course with jumps.