Quantcast

***Le Sunday GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Concert last night went well. Satisfying.

D81765D0-9B55-4620-AEDD-D3812734200A.jpeg

might go riding with elder kid later this morning so that she can try out her dropper post.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Wifey's bday today, so dinner at Melting Pot tonight. We were joking around about what she wants for her birthday and she said that she honestly wouldn't be surprised if I just showed up with a car for her one of these days. The red bow in the driveway treatment like in the christmas commercials. :eek: :D I mean, I know the limited list of what she would want, the finances are my responsibility - so she knows I won't buy anything that can't be afforded, but until she gives me the "that's the one I want", I'm not doing it. Would be fun to do though.

Hoarded MIL is dragging her feet selling her extra car in Santa Cruz. Costing her $75/m in insurance, plus registration. just got a quote from Carvana for $9,400 and she "just can't find the time to get to the bank, to get the title out of the safe deposit box". This woman is literally bleeding $3-4k/m, because she has more money coming in monthly than she's ever had in her life, and doesn't really care. I struggle to wrap my head around this concept. And no Jon, I would not be able to get a financial conservatorship put into place; she's far too cognizant are showing no sign of decreasing mental status - she's just hoarding her stuff.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hoarded MIL is dragging her feet selling her extra car in Santa Cruz. Costing her $75/m in insurance, plus registration. just got a quote from Carvana for $9,400 and she "just can't find the time to get to the bank, to get the title out of the safe deposit box". This woman is literally bleeding $3-4k/m, because she has more money coming in monthly than she's ever had in her life, and doesn't really care. I struggle to wrap my head around this concept. And no Jon, I would not be able to get a financial conservatorship put into place; she's far too cognizant are showing no sign of decreasing mental status - she's just hoarding her stuff
Arrange to have her condo robbed and the car stolen

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Arrange to have her condo robbed and the car stolen
1. Nothing worth stealing.
2. Wouldn't get market value; just what insurance is willing to pay.

Good thoughts though.

I think realistically, I am going to have to take a full week - Sat through following Sun - in the beginning of the year, take her out there, and start going through the place to clean it out. Just rent a U-haul van for a week, load it up, and start doing dump trips. I'll need to have contractors scheduled and a realtor in place to get accurate estimates in place to sell it as well. Basically not give her an option anymore to clean it out and force her to decide to sell it or renovate it for rental.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my dad was asking younger brother about tesla's and such....to save him from ev douchebagdom and disowning him i showed him the f150 ev...he seemed interested....

i like THAT more than his tundra...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
And no Jon, I would not be able to get a financial conservatorship put into place; she's far too cognizant are showing no sign of decreasing mental status - she's just hoarding her stuff.
if only she could bump her head really really really really really really hard...

but i kid...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Sorry SS. stop doing that.
I'm old, true story.
Had a fine ride today, I feel pretty friggin good right now.

Off to obtain an embarrassing amount of sushi.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Bigger ride than planned happened today, but we could do it because we managed to get all of our stuff (including the plants and the stuff in storage) moved into the new house yesterday. We still have a lot to unpack, the new house is a disaster area of boxes and random stuff everywhere. But we’re moved! So stoked!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
God-damned amazing ride today. 19 miles and 4k vert. Don't know what I've been smoking lately but time seems to be slowing down on the bike, PRed every descent today and just felt like I was out for a chill ride.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Finally home, hot shower to wash the dirt off. 5 days of being the solo medic at a big show is tiring. 2 buck offs, one heat exhaustion, one broken foot form getting stepped on by a horse

Ruth's results. 6th place USDF Intermediate 2, 4th place CDS Grand Prix, 3rd place USDF Grand Prix, 1t place CDS Intermediate 2. and with that she is qualified to compete in the US National Dressage Finals in Lexington KY at the second week of November