Quantcast

***Le sunderp GMT***

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Up at Fyve Ayem to miss traffic. Missed traffic. Things appeared mostly fucked at 7am.

Unlikely to miss it on the way home, as we are planning to hit Pepe Osaka for an early dinner/late lunch.
Pano was getting wind refills in the afternoon. Eagle wind was stellar. Much delicious.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Arrived home at 2am. It rained pretty much from Ashville to Buffalo, with blowing snow outside of Pittsburgh. Some of the drivers in West Virginia are nuts; they were tailgating each other doing +75mph in the pouring rain, on the mountain slopes and in the dark.

Caught this rainbow on a short walk up to a lookout just after crossing into Tennessee. Too bad it's not brighter.

Overall it was an awesome trip.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Arrived home at 2am. It rained pretty much from Ashville to Buffalo, with blowing snow outside of Pittsburgh. Some of the drivers in West Virginia are nuts; they were tailgating each other doing +75mph in the pouring rain, on the mountain slopes and in the dark.

Caught this rainbow on a short walk up to a lookout just after crossing into Tennessee. Too bad it's not brighter.

There was a major pile up on the PA turnpike overnight, 5 dead 60 injured. I believe you were heading north though.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Family has returned. House is louder.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There was a major pile up on the PA turnpike overnight, 5 dead 60 injured. I believe you were heading north though.
That's sad, but not shocking given how people drive. We did a steady 60-65mph the entire way up I79 because of the rain/snow and even that felt sketch. The temperature was hovering or dipping just below freezing too, with rain.

Does anyone use snow/winter tires there?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That's sad, but not shocking given how people drive. We did a steady 60-65mph the entire way up I79 because of the rain/snow and even that felt sketch. The temperature was hovering or dipping just below freezing too, with rain.

Does anyone use snow/winter tires there?
Sadly no. But we don't really get much winter weather around here anymore.

I26?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Christmas cards are weird -
Here’s a piece of paper with my family awkwardly posing or doing a thing you weren’t a part of. Please enjoy the internal struggle of trying to decide how long you should keep this before placing it in the garbage for a government employee to haul away. Keep in mind we also payed the government to deliver this picture, after we placed it in a bigger piece of paper that we sealed with our spit, right about where you’ll insert your index finger to open it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Here’s a piece of paper with my family awkwardly posing or doing a thing you weren’t a part of. Please enjoy the internal struggle of trying to decide how long you should keep this before placing it in the garbage for a government employee to haul away. Keep in mind we also payed the government to deliver this picture, after we placed it in a bigger piece of paper that we sealed with our spit, right about where you’ll insert your index finger to open it.
I keep getting a shit-ton of cards for a previous resident. Last year I "return to sender, no longer lives here" on all of them. This year I got cards from the same people. Considering returning this year's batch with "deceased"

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Really takes the magic of Jesus out the holiday when when you say it that way.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I fucking hate family photos and holiday cards.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yesterday, ~3hrs to ride 47 miles on the road.
Today, 3hrs to ride 13 miles on the fatty.

Good to mix it up.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Spent the weekend obsessing over disclosed jerb interviews topics. Gotta come up with examples how I succeeded in impossible situations, in several leadership areas. Le sigh, I feel like interviewing for POTUS. Who the fuq remembers all the bullshit he had to deal with years ago?? :mad:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bikes have been washed, sprayed down with some silicone stuff, lubed up and put away for the winter. Will deal with the newly dented rear rim laterz.

Definitely also need a new chain and chain ring; thinking Shimano just to have their easy to use pinch bolts (and cheaper bottom bracket). Rear shock also appears to be fucked judging on how it clunks.

#condolife

Not pictured is one more fat bike and my Turner DHR. Ain't got room for this shit. :(

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
What a great hike we had in Morgan Territory today. Over 7 miles with over 2000 feet of elevation gain (and loss) in just over 3 hours. The last climb up an out on the Coyote trail is a killer. you gain over 500' up steep muddy slopes. The dogs were troopers through the entire walk. they did well over 10 miles running around But hey they are Aussies. My legs were reminding me by the end that I had worked them hard in the gym the night before. We three old farts had a blast being out there.

Ran into 3 guys on Ebikes. they were complaining that they had run out of battery power. I mentioned that I was not ready to surrender to that yet. They said yeah but we are old. I said how old? 50 to 55 was the response. I sneered back I'm 63.......lol

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bikes have been washed, sprayed down with some silicone stuff, lubed up and put away for the winter. Will deal with the newly dented rear rim laterz.

Definitely also need a new chain and chain ring; thinking Shimano just to have their easy to use pinch bolts (and cheaper bottom bracket). Rear shock also appears to be fucked judging on how it clunks.

#condolife

Not pictured is one more fat bike and my Turner DHR. Ain't got room for this shit. :(
Why is the fatbike in your baby cage and did your fighting babies escape?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Why is the fatbike in your baby cage and did your fighting babies escape?
No escapees.

McFatty was locked in there while I washed the other bikes. We don't rent that locker, but it's been vacant for over a year. Usually one bike stays in my car. An additional storage cage like that rents for $200 a month in this place... :confused: :twitch::disgust1:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Ran into 3 guys on Ebikes. they were complaining that they had run out of battery power.
How long of a loop did they plan? One 500 Wh battery gets me about 3,500’ elevation gain at typical settings.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

#condolife

What the fuck is this the Guantanamo Bay of bikes?