Quantcast

***Le Sunderp GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
well damn, here we go again uniform on, its 6am on a Sunday and after I finish my coffee I will be heading off to work the first EMT standby at a horse show for 2020. On a high note I got to crack open a brand new bag of coffee beans this morning and grind up just enough for a wonderfully made cup of coffee to start things off.

May this be many of you by this afternoon

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
in durham hanging with wife's fam. birthday get together for mil last nite. there is talk of taking the kids either bowling or rock climbing today. i vote bowling because beer.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Got four inches last night. Fluffy stuff so it was easy to remove. Gonna get 40s with a plenty of sunshine today so it won't last, not sure if riding this afternoon.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dog shaped object might have an abscess under one of its molars, what do vet dentists ride? I'm sure it won't be cheap to resolve...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
pizza place is giving me 80's flashback playing depeche mode....the cure...the church....early rem...husker du...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
at some point saucemans closed in charlotte....i am disappoint.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
mmmm....saw white mclaren with yellow/grey accents in charlotte....30 day tags....kind of tiny as far as supercars go.....did not look 8 feet wide....

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Cold still in effect. Snot everywhere.

Also, doc said I don’t have glaucoma but he’s treating me for almost-glaucoma. Day two of drops and no noticeable change in quality of life. Not that I thought I had an issue to begin with.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
another day...now I need some milk of magnesia, it’s been four days...
Yet another reason to avoid Opioids, constipation.

If the M of M don't get it, stop taking them and/or try a vegetable base laxative such as;

I got all bound up from too much wheat and cheese while on a trip in the mountains. Hadn't taken a dump in 5-6 days. Kept running off the trail because of the extra weight. Tried Senokot and it got the party started in the small room.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Went for a very short ride today. Mostly to loosen up mah hiker legs by cruising around the lake on a dirt road. Hadn't been on the bike since October. Legs are as expected strong, cardio good, but my ass is soft from lack of saddle time.

I must say that even though it was mostly a dirt road ride with 1/3 mile of singletrack, it was still better than hiking. I really do much prefer putting two wheels on some narrow ribbon of dirt.

Maybe after the A.T. I'll try bikepacking. Could be fun.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yet another reason to avoid Opioids, constipation.

If the M of M don't get it, stop taking them and/or try a vegetable base laxative such as;

I got all bound up from too much wheat and cheese while on a trip in the mountains. Hadn't taken a dump in 5-6 days. Keep running off the trail because of the extra weight. Tried Senokot and it got the party started in the small room.

My go to diet while on the trails consists of lots of oatmeal, dried fruit, mountainhouse freeze dried meals, coffee and lots of cheese. The combo of high fiber and cheese usually results in a large turd every two days and is largely wipe free.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
My go to diet while on the trails consists of lots of oatmeal, dried fruit, mountainhouse freeze dried meals, coffee and lots of cheese. The combo of high fiber and cheese usually results in a large turd every two days and is largely wipe free.
The Holly Grail of trail turds. First time using a privy on the A.T. was like that, glorious.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The Holly Grail of trail turds. First time using a privy on the A.T. was like that, glorious.

There is an open air privy in the North cascades that sits in an open alpine meadow chock full of wildflowers, near the edge of a cliff with panoramic views of of nearby peaks and glaciers. A post coffee shit there on a clear day is glorious.

You really should consider rolling the PCT instead of the AT.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
There is an open air privy in the North cascades that sits in an open alpine meadow chock full of wildflowers, near the edge of a cliff with panoramic views of of nearby peaks and glaciers. A post coffee shit there on a clear day is glorious.

You really should consider rolling the PCT instead of the AT.
And miss out on hiking all day in rain day after day, Norovirus, Lyme disease and meth addled bears ?

PCT does look pretty sweet though.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And miss out on hiking all day in rain day after day, Norovirus, Lyme disease and meth addled bears ?

PCT does look pretty sweet though.

I haven't put any time on the actual PCT, but in comparison the trails out here are a lot more challenging, and equally more rewarding than the AT. Actually I gave up on hikes on the east coast after spending a few weeks out here. I certainly respect the hell out of an AT through hike but fuck, if your chasing a once in a lifetime experience make it the best OIALTE possible. Better yet, use the AT as a launching point for the continental divide and PCT routes.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I haven't put any time on the actual PCT, but in comparison the trails out here are a lot more challenging, and equally more rewarding than the AT. Actually I gave up on hikes on the east coast after spending a few weeks out here. I certainly respect the hell out of an AT through hike but fuck, if your chasing a once in a lifetime experience make it the best OIALTE possible. Better yet, use the AT as a launching point for the continental divide and PCT routes.
Yeah, if I do indeed get the Triple Crown bug I might decide to do the PCT. But my "Bucket List" is only two items long. The top one is riding in the PNW. Has been since the late 90s. I would like to do this while I'm still capable of aggressive trail riding. I have often fantasized about taking a six week road trip out west.

The AT wasn't even on my radar and certainly not a life long dream like some folks. For me it's a chance at having a positive life changing experience that I really need at this point. Way better than getting fat and buying a motorcycle on credit that I couldn't possibly afford or some other generic mid life crisis bullshit.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bikepacking is fun as long as the route doesn't drop into type 2 fun too often, much like backpacking.

I've a 450 mile loop from home I'd like to get to this summer and a 65mile loop down near Mt Antero to tick off too.