Quantcast

***Le Sunderp GMT***

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I'm exploring this currently. Man, racks and packs are expensive, like I bought similar equipment for the motorcycle, cheaper. Probably just stick to backpacking unless I hit the lotto.
While some bikepackers will tell you that any mtb will work just fine, I do not believe this to be the case with a low slung, uber slack, trail ripping Banshee Spitfire with almost zero room for a frame bag. So yeah, moar monies.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, if I do indeed get the Triple Crown bug I might decide to do the PCT. But my "Bucket List" is only two items long. The top one is riding in the PNW. Has been since the late 90s. I would like to do this while I'm still capable of aggressive trail riding. I have often fantasized about taking a six week road trip out west.

The AT wasn't even on my radar and certainly not a life long dream like some folks. For me it's a chance at having a positive life changing experience that I really need at this point. Way better than getting fat and buying a motorcycle on credit that I couldn't possibly afford or some other generic mid life crisis bullshit.