Quantcast

***Le thursderp GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HOLA CONFUEGOS! 6.3 mile run done at the asscrack of dawn, and it was a glorious 54 degrees. My hands even got chilly, which I normally hate, but today I was fine with it. I stopped at the nearby donut shop after for a nutritious post-run refueling....one of those good, locally owned, family donut shops and not a shitty chain place. Take care of the body that takes care of you!!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
going on a bike ride with an OG trailbuilder of our network. Been a while since I saw him.
be safe out there, keep those chains away from your shins.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept in. No competition rides for the wife today. I will spend the day alternating between walking the horse and drinking beer.

It would also appear that my old house in the Santa Cruz Mountains is about to become a pile of Ash in the CZU fire complex. Glad I sold it a few years back

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Day 4 of cottage life. Sitting on the porch sipping coffee in sweatpants and a hoodie. Lake is like a mirror and birds are chirping in the trees.

Did 4 rides in the last three days, this one twice with my buddies, this one once with my boy. I'm hoping to ride growler again this afternoon, the boy seems keen.

Wife is out for a hike with a friend currently.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Slept restlessly - fuggin battery backup for one of the refrigeration systems crapped itself yesterday evening. Got called in to fix it. Back in today - I plan on rest-oring the flesh in my leg later today. Enjoy all the fresh fruit and fresh fruit baked goods that are possible!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuck this week has been stressful at work. But I brought up frustrations with the manager and he had an hour long talk with me yesterday, which was good.

Can't wait for Saturday. Going to pack my bag with beer and water and go for a long ride.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
FTS.
present. wife made peach pie. delicious.
Hmmm... I should do this. Or perhaps some peach cobbler. Those peaches aren't going to eat themselves, after all.
<snip>It would also appear that my old house in the Santa Cruz Mountains is about to become a pile of Ash in the CZU fire complex. Glad I sold it a few years back
We have some friends that are evac'd from Boulder Creek. I'm really hoping theirs doesn't go up in smoke. :(
Is it bad to have a post ride beer if your ride was at dawn?

Asking for a friend.
This, my friend, is a STUPID question. STUPID. :disgust1:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
FTS.

Hmmm... I should do this. Or perhaps some peach cobbler. Those peaches aren't going to eat themselves, after all.

We have some friends that are evac'd from Boulder Creek. I'm really hoping theirs doesn't go up in smoke. :(

This, my friend, is a STUPID question. STUPID. :disgust1:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Ok, can this shit stop now?

The numb toes thing is not getting any better, but does not seem to be getting worse atm. We will just add it to the numb fingers from the compressed vertebrae. Kinda balances things out top to bottom. Just hope my legs/feet don't start hurting to balance the chronic migraine. :rolleyes:

Anyhoos, In the rush to get the wife out of the bush, I thought I lightly pulled a muscle in my right arm. Well it has been getting worse to the point of:

Hurts to open my fingers.
Hurts to make a fist.
Hurts to straighten my arm.
Hurts to bend my arm.
Grip strength of a newborn, and of course with pain.

Based on location of pain when moving and poking with finger pain; Doctor Internet says "Tennis Elbow". I do not like nor play "Tennis". :disgust1:

I jus wanna ride my bike.
But looks like I'm off of it for a a least a week or two if I can somehow stop using my dominant wing. :banghead:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

The numb toes thing is not getting any better, but does not seem to be getting worse atm. We will just add it to the numb fingers from the compressed vertebrae. Kinda balances things out top to bottom. Just hope my legs/feet don't start hurting to balance the chronic migraine. :rolleyes:

Anyhoos, In the rush to get the wife out of the bush, I thought I lightly pulled a muscle in my right arm. Well it has been getting worse to the point of:

Hurts to make a fist.
Hurts to bend my arm.

Based on location of pain when moving and poking with finger pain; Doctor Internet says "Tennis Elbow". I do not like nor play "Tennis". :disgust1:

But looks like I'm off of it for a a least a week or two if I can somehow stop using my dominant wing. :banghead:
Why were you rushing to get out of the bush?

Can we print you a new body yet?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Why were you rushing to get out of the bush?

Can we print you a new body yet?
Wife lost when playing punji sticks whilst on a canoe trip in Algonquin.
15 stitches and heavy antibiotics later...

Yup, just waiting for the tricorder and replicator to be installed. However there is still no install date spec'd.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Slept in. No competition rides for the wife today. I will spend the day alternating between walking the horse and drinking beer.

It would also appear that my old house in the Santa Cruz Mountains is about to become a pile of Ash in the CZU fire complex. Glad I sold it a few years back
The house with the Viking six burner and huge deck ?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Hurts to make a fist.
Hurts to bend my arm.

Oh man, sounds like tendinitis. Can’t even hold an empty dinner plate straight out can ya ? That sucks. A break would have been better. Good luck and try not to use it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wife lost when playing punji sticks whilst on a canoe trip in Algonquin.
15 stitches and heavy antibiotics later...

Yup, just waiting for the tricorder and replicator to be installed. However there is still no install date spec'd.
That sucks... Hopefully the bugs didn't destroy you guys on the way out.