Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Good times yesterday. Got a rental Yeti SB100, which was good, and it handled the trails around here just fine. Had fun with the wife for a few hours.

Might do the bike rental thing again when we get to Squamish. Chickie at the bike shop said I should check out the trails down there.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Mornin!

Good times yesterday. Got a rental Yeti SB100, which was good, and it handled the trails around here just fine. Had fun with the wife for a few hours.

Might do the bike rental thing again when we get to Squamish. Chickie at the bike shop said I should check out the trails down there.
And you are... ?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning... Supporting the local dentist this fine day.

Then going home, getting my pack ready for an all day likely 30 mile hunt for elk and bear.......
Methinks once I get done with this road trip,it’s time to take up hunting. Never done it, know few others that do it, but I think the time has come.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
new shed going in? Use any machinery to clear the space?
18 x 18' with an 18 x 8' apron, one roll top door, one swing door. One story, will be insulated and heated.

So far it's me, sledge hammers, and prying tools. Eventually Colby will be here with powered equipment remove the old 26 x 36' slab and excavate for a proper foundation. If I haven't finished demolition, he'll go after it with his machines.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
18 x 18' with an 18 x 8' apron, one roll top door, one swing door. One story, will be insulated and heated.

So far it's me, sledge hammers, and prying tools. Eventually Colby will be here with powered equipment remove the old 26 x 36' slab and excavate for a proper foundation. If I haven't finished demolition, he'll go after it with his machines.
hnnnnnnnnnnng
jealous of that space D:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It will give you a new found respect for your food. Also..... It gets you outside!!!
Indeed, that’s a goodly portion of why I would like to do it. The more I think about it the more appealing it becomes. I’m probably gonna be gutted the first time I kill an animal, but I suppose as a meat eater in the first place I’m just killing by proxy anyway buying it at the grocery store.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Indeed, that’s a goodly portion of why I would like to do it. The more I think about it the more appealing it becomes. I’m probably gonna be gutted the first time I kill an animal, but I suppose as a meat eater in the first place I’m just killing by proxy anyway buying it at the grocery store.
I am very glad you see that grocery is just kill by proxy.

Deer, elk, hogs, moose all that..... It takes me four to five deer for a years years of food for the entire family. It's less fat, it's as organic as it gets, and it's a premium meat.

Suggestion, watch lots of YouTube in how to clean them before you go. If you are looking bigger than deer, learn to quarter before you go........ The first couple take to the processor, after that start cutting and packing yourself.....

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hiked in the mist tonight, out to where a tree has been laying for the last two years. Only to find that someone else has cleared it in the last month. Hell yeahz.

So I kept hiking and found that someone has purposely unblocked one of the Strava corner cuts, that I had blocked just over a month ago.

So of course I took great pleasure in tossing twice as much crap on the short cut. And thank you to the Ridemonkey collective, I also pissed all over the entire pile.

Before...(was blocked before...)..

After...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
two days of right ankle in cooler full of ice.....not painful....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hiked in the mist tonight, out to where a tree has been laying for the last two years. Only to find that someone else has cleared it in the last month. Hell yeahz.

So I kept hiking and found that someone has purposely unblocked one of the Strava corner cuts, that I had blocked just over a month ago.

So of course I took great pleasure in tossing twice as much crap on the short cut. And thank you to the Ridemonkey collective, I also pissed all over the entire pile.

After...

for that kind of cheater line, put the biggest pieces at the entrance/exit, place them in as unrideable of an orientation as possible, then fill in between with whatever you can get your hands on. what's the general thought on digging holes? too much of a risk?

bonus points for blasting it with piss tho.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

After...

That's just the Sam Hill line!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Think I am going to insulate the Shed.
It's about 20' x 8' x 10' (pitched roof) so shouldn't take ALL of October.
Not that I really wanna fuck with insulation more than for two days.
Man, I wish we had a Home Depot with Mexican workers lined up out front.
Laborors get $25-$30 an hour around here.
Supposed to start raining next week...

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Are you going to amputate it ? I saw a really weird documentary about people obsessed with cutting off a limb once. Let us know how it goes with more vague briefings as it progresses.
in gnp slippery trails are slippery....i slipped and right ankle said fuck you very much....bought a cheap cooler to stick foot/ankle in....feels better.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
in gnp slippery trails are slippery....i slipped and right ankle said fuck you very much....bought a cheap cooler to stick foot/ankle in....feels better.
One of the reason why I love my old Asolo boots. I can roll and ankle with a 60 lb pack and will not feel a thing.

Unfortunately with a bad toe I am now forced to wear some weird lightweight Hokas that have little to no support or protection. A rolled ankle or broken toe are just a matter of time.

Compression is your friend, wrap that shit up.