Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
you don't see it unless those with it think there's a realistic chance you want some.
I only watched friends do it, the look in their eyes when the nose candy got pulled out scared me from ever trying.

I have one of those, "addictive" personalities.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I was offered it in high school by a friend. Said friend went on to become a gigolo in Vegas and now is a fitness model as best as I can tell, with track marks up and down his forearms (not from coke, of course, but it didn't stop there...).

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I am currently fasted 37.5 hours. I shall eat at noon or thereabouts and it shall be good.
I figured what the hell and tried this out. Has helped out quite a bit already. Been doing some more research and definitely something I can see myself sticking with. I did two 48 fasts back to back with a meal day in between. I've pretty much cut back to one to two smaller meals a day plus carrying around a water bottle everywhere and drinking water. Might not be for everyone, but it was a good way to reset my BS diet of just eating stupid stuff all the time.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I skipped it using the "I get drug tested racing if I podium" argument, which was pure bullshit. But it was out every weekend within the circle, even though my immediate friends avoided it religiously.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I figured what the hell and tried this out. Has helped out quite a bit already. Been doing some more research and definitely something I can see myself sticking with. I did two 48 fasts back to back with a meal day in between. I've pretty much cut back to one to two smaller meals a day plus carrying around a water bottle everywhere and drinking water. Might not be for everyone, but it was a good way to reset my BS diet of just eating stupid stuff all the time.
I unintentionally affectedly fasted for 10 hours yesterday (2oz of macadamia nuts) because I planned a salad for lunch but was in back to back meetings until 4pm. I was ruined when I got home. Still had tons of fat in the AM, luckily, but it ruined me. I don't get how you can do extensive fasts...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It really hasn't bothered me. I think a lot of it has been actively trying to drink large amounts of water routinely. If I feel like I want a snack, I drink water. Small hunger pangs, drink water. Bored, drink water. I've been taking a bottle with me literally everywhere I go and filling it up all the time. I'd say drinking 1-2 gallons a day. I just had a cobb salad for lunch with chicken breast and will no doubt be fine until tomorrow. I haven't eliminated carbs, but I've really tried to avoid or have way more than I should like I normally do.

I got my ass kicked on our Oregon trip. I made it, but it was a wake up call. With kids, hobbies, family stuff, friends, I just don't have the free time I had before to eat leniently and ride and work out all the time, so I realized I need to do something. When Toshi mentioned it, I started looking into it pretty heavily. I'm 6'1" and was about 250 on that trip. Since then, I'm at 238 and haven't really hit the gym. I've been doing body weight exercises (pushups, situps, planks, that kind of stuff) at home so far and planned for gym this week, but had a pretty good crash at the bike park on Sunday and I'm still pretty f'n sore. F maxles.

I'm sure a lot of it is mental, but I feel better, have more energy and don't feel like as much of a turd all the time. I'm really trying to pick and choose when I'm actually hungry and eat as opposed to eating because of the clock, social norms or boredom at work/home.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I have been skeptical for a lot of these diet related ideas that sweep through social media, but fasting really does have a good base of evidence. I've been posting random articles about it (in between kid photos and pictures of cars and e-bikes :D) in my thread the last month or so.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My purple Turner DHR has been listed for sale. :cray:

But alas, there will be another DH bike purchased in the next year or two....maybe. It's getting hard to justify when there is only one good lift access park around here. Second closest good park is Bromont, which is 7 hours away. And the Banshee Rune is good enough for everything right now anyways.

Went to Middlebury, got rid of a pile of metal, got building supplies, mostly pre-primed trim, ate lunch at Otter Creek brewery, went home, made some sawhorses, gave a bunch of old school sugaring equipment to a very nice young hippie couple (they call themselves organic farmers these days), painted all the trim I bought after shaping some of it, went to Bristol to buy a temporary lighting string and bulbs, came home and put all the material I painted under cover because rain late tonight, drinking a Focal Banger.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I fast every day for about three or four hours in between meals.
I know this is partly in jest, but that's on of the big problems. So many people don't, which is a big part of the problem. I'm guilty of snacking and I know it's not beneficial.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Went to Middlebury, got rid of a pile of metal, got building supplies, mostly pre-primed trim, ate lunch at Otter Creek brewery, went home, made some sawhorses, gave a bunch of old school sugaring equipment to a very nice young hippie couple (they call themselves organic farmers these days), painted all the trim I bought after shaping some of it, went to Bristol to buy a temporary lighting string and bulbs, came home and put all the material I painted under cover because rain late tonight, drinking a Focal Banger.
What did you have for a sugaring setup

It really hasn't bothered me. I think a lot of it has been actively trying to drink large amounts of water routinely. If I feel like I want a snack, I drink water. Small hunger pangs, drink water. Bored, drink water. I've been taking a bottle with me literally everywhere I go and filling it up all the time. I'd say drinking 1-2 gallons a day. I just had a cobb salad for lunch with chicken breast and will no doubt be fine until tomorrow. I haven't eliminated carbs, but I've really tried to avoid or have way more than I should like I normally do.

I got my ass kicked on our Oregon trip. I made it, but it was a wake up call. With kids, hobbies, family stuff, friends, I just don't have the free time I had before to eat leniently and ride and work out all the time, so I realized I need to do something. When Toshi mentioned it, I started looking into it pretty heavily. I'm 6'1" and was about 250 on that trip. Since then, I'm at 238 and haven't really hit the gym. I've been doing body weight exercises (pushups, situps, planks, that kind of stuff) at home so far and planned for gym this week, but had a pretty good crash at the bike park on Sunday and I'm still pretty f'n sore. F maxles.

I'm sure a lot of it is mental, but I feel better, have more energy and don't feel like as much of a turd all the time. I'm really trying to pick and choose when I'm actually hungry and eat as opposed to eating because of the clock, social norms or boredom at work/home.
Be careful. There is such a thing as hyponatremia, and it is not a good.thing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Go for it. Empty gallon milk jugs work well as collectors. Just do the boiling, especially finishing, outside unless you want sugar spatter over everything, followed by ants.
I have a ten gallon brew kettle with a propane burner for boiling. I'm asking around if I know anyone with access to food grade buckets I could use for collection.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Be careful. There is such a thing as hyponatremia, and it is not a good.thing.
My vice has always been Diet Coke. I know it's garbage and I know I should have been drinking more water. I'm really just trying to move back to that zone of consuming water all day long on a semi-regular basis. I'll be getting labs done next week and overall feel pretty good, so that will help tell me where I'm actually at and if everything's cool.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My vice has always been Diet Coke. I know it's garbage and I know I should have been drinking more water. I'm really just trying to move back to that zone of consuming water all day long on a semi-regular basis. I'll be getting labs done next week and overall feel pretty good, so that will help tell me where I'm actually at and if everything's cool.
Too much soda + too little water = kidney stones.

godspeed.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
I'm asking around if I know anyone with access to food grade buckets I could use for collection.
Try a local bakery. I used to get used frosting buckets for free for homebrewing. The grocery store bakeries all wanted to charge me for them, but the neighborhood panadería had piles of them that were just going into the dumpster of I hadn't taken them.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Dinner tonight.....

Homemade antelope bratwrust
ROasted asparagus
Roasted zucchini and yellow squash with a sweet and tangy vedallia onion sauce

None of it is from the store, all either from the back yard or harvested from public lands