Quantcast

***Le tuesderp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sigh.

Well, contract offer came in, and while it pays higher than I thought, the benefits, or lack thereof, kinda blow. Not sure how excited I am about this, while its the first jerb offer I've had, having paid time off and decent health insurance sure would be nice. I'd really like to get into the company, just not digging the fact that I'd have to wait 12 months for the possibility of doing so.

Don't know what I'm going to do here.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Sigh.

Well, contract offer came in, and while it pays higher than I thought, the benefits, or lack thereof, kinda blow. Not sure how excited I am about this, while its the first jerb offer I've had, having paid time off and decent health insurance sure would be nice. I'd really like to get into the company, just not digging the fact that I'd have to wait 12 months for the possibility of doing so.

Don't know what I'm going to do here.
why did you leave colorado in the first place.....i might have forgotten...

got tickets for kamasi washington in feb....still need to get tickets for om/wovenhand....

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
why did you leave colorado in the first place.....i might have forgotten...

got tickets for kamasai washington in feb....still need to get tickets for om/wovenhand....
A few things led us to leaving CO. We wanted to do a road trip, which required selling our house, and we both have family back this way, which made it a natural landing spot to recover and figure out what we were going to do with our lives after.

Well that ans @SkaredShtles is insufferable and the chance that I would encounter him on the trail led us to flee rather than risk that.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A few things led us to leaving CO. We wanted to do a road trip, which required selling our house, and we both have family back this way, which made it a natural landing spot to recover and figure out what we were going to do with our lives after.
i'll be stopping through on my next trip to Maine

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Tough start of the day as wifey's nonchalant approach to our commute made me almost miss an important call with a headhunter. More calls this week, and third round interview with a major Boston brand on Friday.
I have to get out of this toxic dump, people are leaving as quickly as they can.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I awoke early and acquired some Japanese breads. But I shan't eat them... today. Today is my last no-eating day for a bit. From tomorrow through next Wednesday I shall eat at least dinner each day.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Let's get this shit show rolling! Dog was barking at 3:30 this morning. I was not happy. I told her never before the coffee maker.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning. Tough start of the day as wifey's nonchalant approach to our commute made me almost miss an important call with a headhunter. More calls this week, and third round interview with a major Boston brand on Friday.
I have to get out of this toxic dump, people are leaving as quickly as they can.
Now that I'm back I can say with 100% certainty that this area, other than proximity to family, has nothing to offer me.

Except Harold Parker and Lynn Woods. I will forever love those. And @CrabJoe StretchPants .

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Realizing I haven’t taken time off since starting the new job this year. A couple of one-day to extend a weekend things, but not a proper vacation. I don’t even feel upset about it. New job is so chill compared to the old one that every day feels like a vacation. Though I do need to make sure I don’t cap out on my accrual.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Realizing I haven’t taken time off since starting the new job this year. A couple of one-day to extend a weekend things, but not a proper vacation. I don’t even feel upset about it. New job is so chill compared to the old one that every day feels like a vacation. Though I do need to make sure I don’t cap out on my accrual.
new job? did i miss something?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Though I do need to make sure I don’t cap out on my accrual.
Lucky. Most employers here now have the "unlimited PTO policy", meaning you have to fight for every day/week, yet they won't pay for any PTO you are entitled to but didn't use.
2019 summary of RM
@mandown got a new jerb
@rideit bought a bike and broke himself before riding it
@jimmydean stole a truck from snapon and has converted it to a camper
@Toshi and @stoney bought more cars
@Toshi doesn't eat sometimes anymore

I think that covers everything.
You forget to mention @Toshi procuring fancy coffee equipment only to stick unholy substances in it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Lucky. Most employers here now have the "unlimited PTO policy", meaning you have to fight for every day/week, yet they won't pay for any PTO you are entitled to but didn't use.

You forget to mention @Toshi procuring fancy coffee equipment only to stick unholy substances in it.
The first time I heard about a place offering unlimited vacation, I thought wow that’s amazing! But then when I realized what the implications were, I though what a scam.