Quantcast

***Le tuesderp GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello. Got my wife to wear the continuous glucose monitor and her first night’s data show that she is pre-diabetic. On the upside, I am a doctor and this should be entirely addressable with diet, without her venturing into the outside world during all of this.

Speaking of which, it’s time for me to head out there.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
During my drive home last, my car got splattered with what I am guessing is axle grease from a truck. I got home, shut the car door, and my hand got covered in it. It looks like someone took a tube of Phil Wood grease and just squeezed the entire contents on my side mirror. That shit does not clean off easy. Hopefully the car wash is an essential business because I'll need to stop by later.

Other than that, OMG HI!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hello. Got my wife to wear the continuous glucose monitor and her first night’s data show that she is pre-diabetic. On the upside, I am a doctor and this should be entirely addressable with diet, without her venturing into the outside world during all of this.

Speaking of which, it’s time for me to head out there.
the glucose meter you were trying to sell?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
my ability to recreate has just been shut down: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/gatineau-park-closing-coronavirus-1.5506057

I have to say, I really don't get this one. There are no common surfaces in a forest. People can easily maintain more than 6ft distance between themselves... And the impact on my mental health just took a serious hit.

I'm taking the boys to an xc skiing spot for the last time this morning (it closes COB today). ugh.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
my ability to recreate has just been shut down: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/gatineau-park-closing-coronavirus-1.5506057

I have to say, I really don't get this one. There are no common surfaces in a forest. People can easily maintain more than 6ft distance between themselves... And the impact on my mental health just took a serious hit.

I'm taking the boys to an xc skiing spot for the last time this morning (it closes COB today). ugh.
There are parks closing here too and bike clubs putting up trail closure signs.

I guess it's two sided... look at what is happening in the states with some of their reported trail crowding. Then there are the common trail heads, risk for increased litter, injury, travelling to and from the park etc.

On the other hand, yeah it should be allowed to go out into the parks, alone, for some recreation. It's good for the body and mental health like you said.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
they can but they don't
Just wave a nickel plated .32 caliber revolver at them and say "You're getting too close, see? You better make tracks and stop bumping your gums before I let you talk to the convincer. You'll get a bullet in your walking sticks, see?"*

* I had to mine 30s slang for this. I mad I didn't use dog soup or eggs in coffee.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At work...they had a cleaner come in and disinfect the entire building over the weekend. Now there is this nasty sticky residue on literally everything.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

WFH week 2 is just as uneventful as week 1. Company held a virtual town hall yesterday, though it took 3 tries to finally get it going cause there was too much web traffic. Good news is it sounds like my jerb, however lackluster at the moment, is safe.

Time to go make a grocery run before the unenforced shelter-in-place order takes effect.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the glucose meter you were trying to sell?
Nah, what I sold was my home lipid testing setup. And that did sell, basically breaking even from when I bought it used when accounting for that it was bought with HSA money. This is a different thing.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
cat died yesterday. we had that cat for over ten years...11 or 13? Can't remember...4 different homes, shitty landlords, nearly getting lost on Boston rooftops, adopted as an adult. "not a lap cat" on her adoption papers, fell asleep on my lap on day 2. Kids were around all night so I couldn't even booze the grief away.

At work for hopefully the last time for a couple weeks. Everything seems to be working and I'm excited to GTFO and not breathe anybody else's filth for a while.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
cat died yesterday. we had that cat for over ten years...11 or 13? Can't remember...4 different homes, shitty landlords, nearly getting lost on Boston rooftops, adopted as an adult. "not a lap cat" on her adoption papers, fell asleep on my lap on day 2. Kids were around all night so I couldn't even booze the grief away.
Very sorry to hear, this gives me the sads.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

At work for hopefully the last time for a couple weeks. Everything seems to be working and I'm excited to GTFO and not breathe anybody else's filth for a while.
sorry man. i was a wreck when my cat died.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
There are parks closing here too and bike clubs putting up trail closure signs.

I guess it's two sided... look at what is happening in the states with some of their reported trail crowding. Then there are the common trail heads, risk for increased litter, injury, travelling to and from the park etc.

On the other hand, yeah it should be allowed to go out into the parks, alone, for some recreation. It's good for the body and mental health like you said.
We closed the trailheads and parkings but the forest remains open for the "locals"

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Haikus of home life
"I'm coming to wipe your butt!"
Olds and Youngs alike

Sorry...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

Sorry to hear that. :(

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
One local State Forest trail system closed today(DuPont State Forest). Why you ask? Because fucktard tourists keep flocking here in groups of douche plus five and don’t know what social distancing means. Forest Ranger said y’all can’t listen so fuck you im shuttin it down. What does this mean? I don’t know but my guess is these turds will now clog up Pisgah and get that shut down. People are using this shut down, schools out deal to just clog up the woods like a free vacation. Fuck You and go home!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
One local State Forest trail system closed today(DuPont State Forest). Why you ask? Because fucktard tourists keep flocking here in groups of douche plus five and don’t know what social distancing means. Forest Ranger said y’all can’t listen so fuck you im shuttin it down. What does this mean? I don’t know but my guess is these turds will now clog up Pisgah and get that shut down. People are using this shut down, schools out deal to just clog up the woods like a free vacation. Fuck You and go home!
Saw that the Forest Service has closed all campgrounds in Pisgah.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
We are now getting pressured to close our network. I'm battling the hordes. So far I told them (city officials) that when they restrict people to walk anywhere in town on the streets, we will close the trails.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Saw that the Forest Service has closed all campgrounds in Pisgah.
Yep. My guess is the Pizz is not to far behind. Forest Ranger at DuPont was appalled at the amount of crowds and hanging out in the parking areas. Like any other spring/summer day. On top of that it’s been really wet around here and the trails show the abuse. #lovingourforeststodeath

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
We closed the trailheads and parkings but the forest remains open for the "locals"
Yeah, I'm thinking this is how it's going to be. Now I just have to wait for the snow to melt. I can ride to the trails on a normal bike, but not really into it on my fatbike.