Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Tools ordered last night. Really big proposal this afternoon. Otherwise, slow day.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
what'd you get?
Makita Track Saw, corded router kit, and orbital sander. Bostitch 18g brad nailer. Bunch of clamps and a 100' pneumatic hose. Wen drill press. DeWalt HEPA shop vac.

And the plans for the modular version of the bench I posted earlier. I'm going to make two (possibly three) of the units. Once done, I'll be doing a lot of reorganizing in the garage around them. Then I'll start the next project - probably a desk for Haley or the wine bar.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Makita Track Saw, corded router kit, and orbital sander. Bostitch 18g brad nailer. Bunch of clamps and a 100' pneumatic hose. Wen drill press. DeWalt HEPA shop vac.

And the plans for the modular version of the bench I posted earlier. I'm going to make two (possibly three) of the units. Once done, I'll be doing a lot of reorganizing in the garage around them. Then I'll start the next project - probably a desk for Haley or the wine bar.
if you have space get a router table. i picked one up on craigslist for less than $50. i have a dewalt corded routed and it just bolted to the plate.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
if you have space get a router table. i picked one up on craigslist for less than $50. i have a dewalt corded routed and it just bolted to the plate.
I looked at it, but just got the core of what I knew I'd need. I'll need Kregg stuff too, but if I can make jigs on my own, I'll skip them. The workbench also has a lot of the aspects of a router table functionality built into it.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning IMO. I did five miles of chasing my tail at the high school track this morning. A "cool" 70 degrees, but still plenty of humidity to leave me soaking wet when I finished.

Day full of meetings today, and I am ok with that. I should probably go poop the dog before that run of meetings begins....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I looked at it, but just got the core of what I knew I'd need. I'll need Kregg stuff too, but if I can make jigs on my own, I'll skip them. The workbench also has a lot of the aspects of a router table functionality built into it.
if you can add a router plate to your workbench i'd highly recommend it. it's generally way easier to manipulate wood around a fixed router, especially for small to mid size pieces.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good morning IMO. I did five miles of chasing my tail at the high school track this morning. A "cool" 70 degrees, but still plenty of humidity to leave me soaking wet when I finished.

Day full of meetings today, and I am ok with that. I should probably go poop the dog before that run of meetings begins....
some people milk cows first thing in the morning, IAB poops the dog.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So for the past 18 years, trying to get a vacation approved during a pay week was like pulling a tooth from a crocodile. Me being the payroll manager, my old boss wanted me on site during those weeks no matter what. It sucked, and it made planning a vacation difficult and stressful, especially since wife and I always take trips with other people. So with the new job, I just requested a vacation during a pay week and new boss approved it immediately, no questions asked. Awesome.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So for the past 18 years, trying to get a vacation approved during a pay week was like pulling a tooth from a crocodile. Me being the payroll manager, my old boss wanted me on site during those weeks no matter what. It sucked, and it made planning a vacation difficult and stressful, especially since wife and I always take trips with other people. So with the new job, I just requested a vacation during a pay week and new boss approved it immediately, no questions asked. Awesome.
Now forward the approval to old boss. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I will need tacos today. One meeting on the calendar and I am told I should hear from HR soon. Should be a hot one, kids. Stay hydrated and stuff.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Tesla pre-purchase inspection done. It should leave my hands tomorrow morning.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'll wait for the infrastructure and technology to develop before I buy an electric car. Being an early adopter fucking sucks, unless you get off on being an early adopter.
Tesla is already there. Supercharger network is key.

I just don’t need it.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Tesla is already there. Supercharger network is key.

I just don’t need it.
The motors and batteries are okay but my coworker's rear bumper fell off in the parking lot. Fell the fuck off for no reason. My friend's car keeps having display problems, he's on his third one and can't wait to get rid of it. It seems like you have to get a "good one." That's some GM-level shoddy bullshit that I don't want to deal with.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ribs still hurt. Camper didn't get as much renovated as I would have liked over the weekend, but what we did do we did really well. When we sell this thing someone will be stoked. Renting a converted Sprinter this weekend to try out #vanlife instead of #truckcampernation for a change. We'll probably get a van, the TC is too much for the ladyfriend to deal with on her own, and it would be nice if our adventure vehicle could be used by her solo.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ribs still hurt. Camper didn't get as much renovated as I would have liked over the weekend, but what we did do we did really well. When we sell this thing someone will be stoked. Renting a converted Sprinter this weekend to try out #vanlife instead of #truckcampernation for a change. We'll probably get a van, the TC is too much for the ladyfriend to deal with on her own, and it would be nice if our adventure vehicle could be used by her solo.
Boo this man!

JK. I get it. You are keeping the Tundra though, right?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dropping back to a simpler life with the Land Cruiser and deleveraging.
That's the problem... Leverage. It's one thing to use other people's money when the interest rate is 0% and you can pay in full at a whim. It's totally different if it has cost.

Wifey wants all this stuff. I can pay to have it done or buy it and it will cost $50k and years of interest. Or I can build it/do it on my own and it will cost $20k with no leverage. Not a lot of reasoning to do the other...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That's the problem... Leverage. It's one thing to use other people's money when the interest rate is 0% and you can pay in full at a whim. It's totally different if it has cost.

Wifey wants all this stuff. I can pay to have it done or buy it and it will cost $50k and years of interest. Or I can build it/do it on my own and it will cost $20k with no leverage. Not a lot of reasoning to do the other...
Putting a financial measurement on something that requires a significant time investment makes me scratch my head (I assume you are talking about your woodworking project). Enjoy life, don't spend it just trying to acquire stuff.

Now if you enjoy building shit, (I certainly do). Then carry on.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Putting a financial measurement on something that requires a significant time investment makes me scratch my head (I assume you are talking about your woodworking project). Enjoy life, don't spend it just trying to acquire stuff.

Now if you enjoy building shit, (I certainly do). Then carry on.
As the saying goes, he who dies with the most stuff wins.

The opportunity for his children to resent his dead ass when throwing away years of crap collected for the sake of meaningless consumerism.