Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That's the problem... Leverage. It's one thing to use other people's money when the interest rate is 0% and you can pay in full at a whim. It's totally different if it has cost.
Depreciation >> interest costs > running costs, at least for cars.

Putting a financial measurement on something that requires a significant time investment makes me scratch my head (I assume you are talking about your woodworking project). Enjoy life, don't spend it just trying to acquire stuff.

Now if you enjoy building shit, (I certainly do). Then carry on.
Agreed. And I’d rather ride my “bike”, maybe work an extra shift or two at work, and pay someone a few thousand to build the built in shelves in the basement. Oh wait, I did just that.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Boo this man!

JK. I get it. You are keeping the Tundra though, right?
Well truck yeah... if/when Tundra Roja is ever retired from being a daily-ish driver my master plan is to build it into a Class 8 because reasons.

Rumour has it, they were having so much fun hooning that fucking thing they just up and drove it home from Baja after the 1000... ripped up door and bed panels and all.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i dunno if its the heat, or the bad sleep i've been having or work stress or other life stress or a combination of these things but i have like, no motivation to actually go out mountain biking.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i dunno if its the heat, or the bad sleep i've been having or work stress or other life stress or a combination of these things but i have like, no motivation to actually go out mountain biking.
You should try taking up carpentry instead

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So I have my interview tomorrow. Not sure if it's a formality or if it's legit? It's with the dev lead who Work with daily plus a gal from HR. So not sure. I hope to be prepared regardless.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
saw a job posting that is heavy on it caught my interest as there's overlap with my packaging experience. then found out it pays shit despite being pharma.
I'm seeing jobs in my line of business that the job sites say pay less than 15 years ago. I think it might be a covid aberration, hopefully not the new normal. Works great for the corporations though - productivity waaay up, wages down since then.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So I have my interview tomorrow. Not sure if it's a formality or if it's legit? It's with the dev lead who Work with daily plus a gal from HR. So not sure. I hope to be prepared regardless.
Dude, you have been working your ass off there for a while now, no? I'm sure this is just a formality to keep the process gods happy.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm seeing jobs in my line of business that the job sites say pay less than 15 years ago. I think it might be a covid aberration, hopefully not the new normal. Works great for the corporations though - productivity waaay up, wages down since then.
But trickledown??

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Treat it as fully formal as if you're going in cold to the environment. Don't assume it's yours.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Storm rolling in. Just had a meeting with Director about how my manager and one of my teammates interact/get along. Yeah fun. And now off to my biggest client meeting to date.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
But is @jimmydean required to wear pants during the interview ?
Storm rolling in. Just had a meeting with Director about how my manager and one of my teammates interact/get along. Yeah fun. And now off to my biggest client meeting to date.
Only if you're wearing shorts to hike in and stoney is wearing big boy pants to his meeting. Otherwise he can go fully kidwoo.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
you wonder how i'm up working at midnight but what the fuck are you doing up at 4am to ride? :confused:
Cause Fy vay em is for runners?

Most "big" rides these days I'm out the door by 5:30. Gotta get up high before the sun bakes the living bejesus out of everything.

I'll wait for the infrastructure and technology to develop before I buy an electric car. Being an early adopter fucking sucks, unless you get off on being an early adopter.
Nonsense. I'm driving a 2019 Leaf these days pretty much everywhere I go. Chargers are everywhere, you just need an appropriate app to find most of them.

Then again, I forget you're in Florida. I assume parts of the state still don't have indoor plumbing.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Treat it as fully formal as if you're going in cold to the environment. Don't assume it's yours.
This is my goal, the main issue being they don't REALLY know what they need, but they are pretty sure I can help get them there.

The selling point for me is I have built QA departments from scratch with success before. The key is to get them to see I can do it here. It's a hot mess, but it's doable.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cause Fy vay em is for runners?

Most "big" rides these days I'm out the door by 5:30. Gotta get up high before the sun bakes the living bejesus out of everything.

Nonsense. I'm driving a 2019 Leaf these days pretty much everywhere I go. Chargers are everywhere, you just need an appropriate app to find most of them.

Then again, I forget you're in Florida. I assume parts of the state still don't have indoor plumbing.
Everyone in Florida gets around by golf cart or police chase

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i rode sunday despite the heat. since then, meh. some days i have it some days i dont. my sleep is kind of all over the place too, so i think that's a factor.
I used to have a similar problem when it got really hot out. I found my electrolyte balance would get thrown off. Perhaps it is what jon craves?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Just realized I have a dental appointment at 7 so I will likely go into the office for my interview at 9:30. I MIGHT make it home, but there is also construction. Ugh

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Had to go to the Docs today. My Ride didn't show up but I managed to get to East Ave just as the Bus showed up and made it downtown in record time. That never happens. Bus was empty also. Everything checked out. The Cafeteria was open and they had Sloppy Joes. I got a Voucher for the Bus and Lunch for giving Blood. The Sloppy Joes were awesome. Sloppy Joes are over looked.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I was driving down the street and saw Haley's bike just laying on the grass in front of a neighbor's house. We've had a lot of talks about putting it into the side yard or garage, which all the parents are in agreement with. Obviously she wasn't listening, so I stole it. I let the dad there and Wifey know what I did and proceeded on to HD.

I got a call from a little girl freaking out and bawling because her bike was gone. I let her go for about 2min before I told her I had it. I think the lesson might be learned now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ask boss if being bobby brady/hall monitor between your manager and teammate pays extra....

stress no one wants.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ribs still hurt. Camper didn't get as much renovated as I would have liked over the weekend, but what we did do we did really well. When we sell this thing someone will be stoked. Renting a converted Sprinter this weekend to try out #vanlife instead of #truckcampernation for a change. We'll probably get a van, the TC is too much for the ladyfriend to deal with on her own, and it would be nice if our adventure vehicle could be used by her solo.
Ruth is heading off tomorrow solo in the TC. She is going to hook up the horse trailer and load the horse on her own too.

Maybe you need to upgrade to Ladyfirend 2.0

I kid ones like Ruth, Heidi and 6thElements lady are exceedingly rare

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
So I was driving down the street and saw Haley's bike just laying on the grass in front of a neighbor's house. We've had a lot of talks about putting it into the side yard or garage, which all the parents are in agreement with. Obviously she wasn't listening, so I stole it. I let the dad there and Wifey know what I did and proceeded on to HD.

I got a call from a little girl freaking out and bawling because her bike was gone. I let her go for about 2min before I told her I had it. I think the lesson might be learned now.
I love hearing your parenting tales. Keep em coming.