Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So I was driving down the street and saw Haley's bike just laying on the grass in front of a neighbor's house. We've had a lot of talks about putting it into the side yard or garage, which all the parents are in agreement with. Obviously she wasn't listening, so I stole it. I let the dad there and Wifey know what I did and proceeded on to HD.

I got a call from a little girl freaking out and bawling because her bike was gone. I let her go for about 2min before I told her I had it. I think the lesson might be learned now.
i saw a gif on 4chan that would be appropriate here

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ruth is heading off tomorrow solo in the TC. She is going to hook up the horse trailer and load the horse on her own too.

Maybe you need to upgrade to Ladyfirend 2.0

I kid ones like Ruth, Heidi and 6thElements lady are exceedingly rare
Our TC is 22 years old and definitely finicky in certain ways, despite our best efforts to renovate it. The one thing that keeps my lady from being able to handle it solo is raising and lowering the roof, which needs to be done manually and is no small feat. The mechanism to assist with the task is old, frictiony, and not super stable. The roof doesn't settle back onto the camper squarely or straightly, every time I do it I have to get the step stool out and push and shove it into position so it'll button up securely. I have no doubt that if she wanted to figure out a way to muscle it into position up and down, that she would. But to be honest, it's fairly massive PITA for even me (at 6'2" or so) to deal with, and her shorter stature doesn't make it any easier.

Those folks here that have met my gal know she's strong, capable, and bad ass. You, to put it bluntly, don't know. So I'd appreciate you backing off your judgement.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
^^He speaks the truth, not many people need a Pedro's DH tyre lever to close their camper roof and his fiancée is bad ass all around.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Our TC is 22 years old and definitely finicky in certain ways, despite our best efforts to renovate it. The one thing that keeps my lady from being able to handle it solo is raising and lowering the roof, which needs to be done manually and is no small feat. The mechanism to assist with the task is old, frictiony, and not super stable. The roof doesn't settle back onto the camper squarely or straightly, every time I do it I have to get the step stool out and push and shove it into position so it'll button up securely. I have no doubt that if she wanted to figure out a way to muscle it into position up and down, that she would. But to be honest, it's fairly massive PITA for even me (at 6'2" or so) to deal with, and her shorter stature doesn't make it any easier.

Those folks here that have met my gal know she's strong, capable, and bad ass. You, to put it bluntly, don't know. So I'd appreciate you backing off your judgement.
wrist rightly slapped. I was just pulling your chain. no offense meant. I doubt anyone here would have any woman other than a badass as a partner

As for the button down, I know some folks have a max fan installed and put it on full exhaust to help them tuck the fabric in and pull the roof down

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
wrist rightly slapped. I was just pulling your chain. no offense meant. I doubt anyone here would have any woman other than a badass as a partner

As for the button down, I know some folks have a max fan installed and put it on full exhaust to help them tuck the fabric in and pull the roof down
You're a gentleman and a scholar, sir. I know you're just giving me grief, but it felt a bit too far. Thanks for understanding.

We don't have a fan to help, but we do open the top vent to let air escape and it helps a lot. The real bugger of the issue is the way the roof is supported, it doesn't come straight down. The uppy-downy struts are centered front-to-back, and only on the sides. As opposed to a pole or strut in each corner, I suppose. So anyways, as the roof lowers it can be too far forward, too far back, cock-eyed, cattywampus, kittycornered, cattycornered, or too far to either side. It's a nonsensical pain in the dick, and has the added luxury of the sides of the camper being warped and bowed outwards. As @6thElement mentioned... I get to use a Pedro's DH tire lever to shoe-horn the warped side walls back underneath the lip of the roof every time I lower it. That said, we did just attempt a squeezin' on the sides using some random 2x6 boards and a pair of ratchet straps... and then secured the walls from the inside with heavy duty L-brackets. The walls are much moar straighter now, but we haven't tried lowering the top yet to see if that has helped that situation.

No but really, I love it. It's great. :D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You're a gentleman and a scholar, sir. I know you're just giving me grief, but it felt a bit too far. Thanks for understanding.

We don't have a fan to help, but we do open the top vent to let air escape and it helps a lot. The real bugger of the issue is the way the roof is supported, it doesn't come straight down. The uppy-downy struts are centered front-to-back, and only on the sides. As opposed to a pole or strut in each corner, I suppose. So anyways, as the roof lowers it can be too far forward, too far back, cock-eyed, cattywampus, kittycornered, cattycornered, or too far to either side. It's a nonsensical pain in the dick, and has the added luxury of the sides of the camper being warped and bowed outwards. As @6thElement mentioned... I get to use a Pedro's DH tire lever to shoe-horn the warped side walls back underneath the lip of the roof every time I lower it. That said, we did just attempt a squeezin' on the sides using some random 2x6 boards and a pair of ratchet straps... and then secured the walls from the inside with heavy duty L-brackets. The walls are much moar straighter now, but we haven't tried lowering the top yet to see if that has helped that situation.

Wish I remembered the inside of your camper better. Have to think there is some way of installing a few links that would ensure constant positioning of the top relative to the bottom throughout the pop up/retract cycle.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Even with ours there's a knack to getting it lined up when we lower it. It also has removable bungee cords inside which pull the soft sides inwards as we lower.