Quantcast

***Le tuesderp GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
light schedule today, 8 transports. Temps are dropping, it's only forecast to hit 100 (which beats the shit out of 117 on Saturday and 111 yesterday) . Shoulders are tight from last nights weight lifting session. Coffee, oatmeal then off to lovely Fremont

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Mind woke me up at 430 am to remind me to put something out on the porch for a dude who was swinging by to pick it up. Thanks mind.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
55 and rain.
I keep unconsciously using the bad wing.
The unconscious use becomes conscious pain real quick like.
I have also come to the painful realization, that I am complete crap trying to do anything with the non-dominant arm.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi friends LMFAO omg!! I swam 3100 yards non-stop this morning and now I am snotting all over the place. I've got a 26.2 mile jog to do Saturday morning to complete the Virtual "do it on your own" Boston Marathon. The weather looks freakin' great...the kind of weather I wish I could have for an actual marathon. But no, for an actual marathon, I get 80 degrees and humid.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Client meetings straight from 9-4 today. Get to inform old manager that the person I've been trying to train to take over one of my temporary accts is nowhere near ready to go live in 2 weeks.

I've given them every piece of information to demo, try and run analyses, listen to every call I've had with this plan over the last 2 months, and our management white paper, but they are just getting to it. The normal, in person training program is over 3 weeks long, so we extended it to 6 weeks to provide lots of buffer. But nope. I told them early on that I will not be hounding them for training, as I have my own clients, so they need to come to me for any questions and help. I've had nothing until mid last week on a team call when a bunch of basic questions were asked. Apparently this is all they are supposed to have been doing for the last month, so not sure what's been getting done otherwise. Should be fun.

Had a fun "what does this mean" question from Haley this weekend. I was in the garage working on a drawer Wifey broke while listening to Rage Against the Machine when she asked me what Killing in the Name Of was about. We're generally pretty open about stuff like this, so I told her how up until the 60's segregation was a thing (she learned about slavery in school already) and this was an extension of slavery. What was very interesting was when she asked if the BLM protests we're about the same thing. That stings a little and says a lot about our country that an 8y/o can make that correlation, but adults refuse to acknowledge it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi friends. nothing new to report. Have a presentation at work and then I'm going home to "work" from "home".

Hoping I can get rich soon so I can just ride bikes all day.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Watching a red fox gamboling about in the snow outside my window is more entertaining than this work thing I'm supposed to be doing.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Back from a long weekend of camping in the Sprinter, riding bikes, eating foods, drinking beers. Not enough snow yet to ski, might as well work for a couple of days.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Meetings.

And while I won't say anything directly related to the weather here I'll say this: I'm wearing pants for the first time in months and it feels weird.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Tensions here seem kind of Palpable. Cops are out in force. I am not sure what is going on. A Caravan of Trump Trucks drove down the Ave. Rochester is not the place to be waving a Confederate flag.