Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
We got the biggest snowfall since 2015 and then heading right into a warm period so its gone in two days. Would have been nice if it had been at the start of the month so we could have had some fun with it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Fine day to have the heat turned off, I tell ya. FINE day.

I live in a townhouse, one of 10 units in the building. We have a boiler that provides heat for all the units. One of the pipes in one of the other units sprung a leak, and no one really knows how any of this crap works, so yesterday they turned both the heat AND the water off. I did suggest that the water for general use and the water to heat the building were surely separate, but it took them a few hours to sort it out. And I have also suggested that there is likely a shut-off valve in just the unit with the broken pipe, but they haven't gotten that far yet.

So, warm socks it is. At least I can flush a poo.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Ice from yesterday is no more. Now it's just gross and sloppy out.

Mice catching streak is broken, but those cheeky little bastards were out in full force yesterday. Wife and I are watching TV when one starts munching from the dog food bowl. I dare say they are entirely too comfortable here.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Back to work today. One room and start of second have floors removed; all baseboards removed. Sorry as fuck and I have a lot more to do still...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Short week with yesterday off and PTO Friday and Monday. The snow is supposed to melt being low 40's with rain,but it seems the snow has other plans

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
balmy 25* here, feels like Summer!
one of my team lives in Austin and has no or intermittent power since Sunday night. I've worked in ERCOT territory, so a big FU goes out to them and their TX is better than everyone attitude.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Watched a dude have a melt down over a mask on my plane in PDX this morning and get arrested and hauled off. Held up the plane for 30, WTF is wrong with peeps.
Hope it was worth it!

I understand being concerned about government infringing upon one's rights, and the whole, give em an inch and they'll take a mile thing, but I'm not sure refusing to wear a mask is where I'd be making my stand. But hey, to each their own.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
one of my team lives in Austin and has no or intermittent power since Sunday night. I've worked in ERCOT territory, so a big FU goes out to them and their TX is better than everyone attitude.
i learned something interesting in regards to this situation yesterday from a friend who is a former TX resident... it's the only state in the lower 48 that has its own power grid. because fuck the feds or some such nonsense

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Sorry as fuck and I have a lot more to do still...
I bet you are... and you'll be *moreso* before it's over. :D

USnfWeCOHTHB3WX0aY.gif

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've got an interesting experience going on right now... I was sitting on my knees sliding around the house most of yesterday pulling up floor and baseboards. I woke up this morning and kept tripping over my big toe as I walked. Now I can't raise my big toe. Rest work, I can feel it fine, and it has full range of motion when I move it by hand. Anybody had this happen before?
@Toshi @Scrub

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I bet you are... and you'll be *moreso* before it's over.
Wifey gets her kitchen painted with the cost savings. I'll take the difference. Happy wife, happy life.
Frustrated watching me have to redo work since April, but saving $3k is worth it, IMHO.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I've got an interesting experience going on right now... I was sitting on my knees sliding around the house most of yesterday pulling up floor and baseboards. I woke up this morning and kept tripping over my big toe as I walked. Now I can't raise my big toe. Rest work, I can feel it fine, and it has full range of motion when I move it by hand. Anybody had this happen before?
@Toshi @Scrub
Sounds like you could use one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07544JPPJ/ref=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_fabc_E4RB57YM6W6BNPN894TF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Bonus, I'm sure you'll find uses for it in your personal life after you are done in the basement.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
i learned something interesting in regards to this situation yesterday from a friend who is a former TX resident... it's the only state in the lower 48 that has its own power grid. because fuck the feds or some such nonsense
Or maybe that way it is easier to give it back to Mexico? :lighten:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Yo!

Ice from yesterday is no more. Now it's just gross and sloppy out.

Mice catching streak is broken, but those cheeky little bastards were out in full force yesterday. Wife and I are watching TV when one starts munching from the dog food bowl. I dare say they are entirely too comfortable here.
I have a mouse problem every fall in Idaho but it sounds like you need to figure out how they're gaining entrance.

Easier and less work than catch and (not) kill.

Counterpoint: you could also write a follow-up to one of my favorite books...

1613486696357.png

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
samsung says the note 10 I sent them is not a note 10.....

interesting.....

I know I did not send the note 8....it is sitting next to me.....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just under a foot of snow fell last night here. Snow plow evidently went by at some point during the night. Crossed my fingers did a hail marry move reversing out of the driveway. Almost got stuck halfway out.

Homemade mac n cheese and filet mignon for dinner. :drool:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@Toshi @Scrub
Ebola toe :(

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it do, chuckos!! I rolled out of bed and onto the bike trainer for a hard 60 minute workout before dawn. I was not in the mood but got it done. Lots of rain this morning but it's supposed to be a sunny 40 degree afternoon. I see a mid-work run in my near future.

Mom-in-law is getting her first COVID shot today. Nuclear mom does not take enough of an initiative is seeking out her own shot.

What it do, chuckos!! I rolled out of bed and onto the bike trainer for a hard 60 minute workout before dawn. I was not in the mood but got it done. Lots of rain this morning but it's supposed to be a sunny 40 degree afternoon. I see a mid-work run in my near future.

Mom-in-law is getting her first COVID shot today. Nuclear mom does not take enough of an initiative is seeking out her own shot.
Hilarie's now scheduled to get her first shot March 5th; Vermont just opened up to her age group this morning.