Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
everything's bigger in texas. including the power outages.
how often does texas deal with snow...

but california has to have rolling black outs to keep the power company from catching the fucking state on fire it seems every year....

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Youngest son welcome our brand new neighbor by throwing a big snowball through their basement window. The kid should have taken up baseball. He also threw a rock through the rear window of a Mercedes when he was 6. Kid got skills. Angry dad had a long talk with him and his brother about how endless hours of Youtube does not prepare you for life.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
how often does texas deal with snow...

but california has to have rolling black outs to keep the power company from catching the fucking state on fire it seems every year....
And said corporation distributed funds provided to it by the state for maintenance in the form of dividends to wealthy shareholders. There was a failure in corporate law allowing the maintenance to get that far behind to start with. That same issue is impacting TX energy corporations right now - profits over risk. But that's some good whataboutism you got there.

Also, lots of survivalists in Texas trapped at home because of a bunch of snowflakes...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
And said corporation distributed funds provided to it by the state for maintenance in the form of dividends to wealthy shareholders. There was a failure in corporate law allowing the maintenance to get that far behind to start with. That same issue is impacting TX energy corporations right now - profits over risk. But that's some good whataboutism you got there.

Also, lots of survivalists in Texas trapped at home because of a bunch of snowflakes...
It's the 'MURICAN WAY!! Privatize the profit... socialize the risk.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I've got an interesting experience going on right now... I was sitting on my knees sliding around the house most of yesterday pulling up floor and baseboards. I woke up this morning and kept tripping over my big toe as I walked. Now I can't raise my big toe. Rest work, I can feel it fine, and it has full range of motion when I move it by hand. Anybody had this happen before?
@Toshi @Scrub
Ebola toe :(
it is teh anal-SARS-1 toe, I fear

More seriously, sounds like you gave yourself a hopefully short lived peroneal nerve palsy.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it is teh anal-SARS-1 toe, I fear

More seriously, sounds like you gave yourself a hopefully short lived peroneal nerve palsy.
or he can teach the wife how to pull up the base boards..

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I tell people to get dogs and bikes.
I just go with bikes, particularly after our DSO's latest escapade. DSO's require more effort than an occasional bit of preventative maintenance on a bike.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le Fack

Ran out of propane while grilling the steak. Cast iron pan to the rescue.

Twas a good night for grillin :(

Need to find somewhere that will take my covid infested propane tanks and refill them.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
or he can teach the wife how to pull up the base boards..
Need to be removed properly because I'm reinstalling them. Survival chance is low if she does them. Also, she'll probably hurt herself with the knife.

like many of us, i'm sure @stoney would rather pull baseboards and floors than deal with kids all day while his wife constantly asked questions about it while trying to do it.
This. She doesn't like when I tell her to just do disposal while I do demo. But her version of demo is too violent and she tends to break things. Which means that I end up having to fix more shit.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado