Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley's bed is built; I am all kinds of sore this morning. She has Backcountry Camp this week, so quiet day to work. Otherwise, meh.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Oh, hello. LMAO! I was up at five-ay-em to run 7 miles. Today will be the only nice day during this eight day stretch. It'd be nice to get out for a ride but the best I'll be able to do is maybe an hour on the bike trainer if I can find an hour during this long and busy work day.

The new dog is starting to sleep in later....thank god! I am back to getting my 8+ hours of sleep every night instead of the 6-7 I was getting for the first couple of weeks after we got the dog.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
had an OK weekend. My daughter is going through something, not sure what. I think it's the isolation of COVID. I'm hoping we can not have a huge spike in cases so we can start doing fun shit together.

No bikes this weekend as I had a migraine on saturday night so sunday was kind of groggy, then monday was trying to lift spirits.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Jumped in a bounce house with a friend's kid yesterday. She had fun. I had fun. All was fun.

Now it's work, and perhaps giving the trails a few days to dry out before riding again.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
39 and sunny in Jackson this morning. Only real agenda items for today are to drive into GTNP and get our watercraft permits then meet up with Bryan my park ranger buddy and go set up camp. Had a good time hanging out with Mrs and Ms Rideit last night.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
started work after a long holiday weekend. so naturally i came back to an issue that has the potential to delay a global product launch. dear encyclopedia killtannica.....

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Not ready to be back at work. Had a great time riding motorbikeys with my Dad over the weekend. What was supposed to be a 250 mile ride on Sunday ended up 375 miles. That's a long day. But we did get to ride this road. A bit harrowing at times, but fun. The fat pig of a Harley is not a cornering machine.

The downer to end the weekend was some douche in a brodozer pulled out in front of my Dad and he had to lay his bike over to avoid hitting him. A fractured ankle and some road rash is not the ideal way to end a road trip. Thankful he was going slow at the time. He rode 1,000 miles over the weekend and it was 30 miles from home that it happened. Douchedozer never even stopped.

At 73, I won't be surprised if this ends his interest in motorcycle riding for good.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
. I think it's the isolation of COVID.
My kids are all messed up, and they've been in and out of the schools for months as every time they open up, we would get a spike and schools close. My Boy Graduates in 5 weeks, but he has now lost motivation and may miss the bus on grad now, and he seems to not care....

My youngest doesn't do well without direct access to the teacher, she has struggled with the online schooling...

It's been tough...

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
<snip>

The downer to end the weekend was some douche in a brodozer pulled out in front of my Dad and he had to lay his bike over to avoid hitting him. A fractured ankle and some road rash is not the ideal way to end a road trip. Thankful he was going slow at the time. He rode 1,000 miles over the weekend and it was 30 miles from home that it happened. Douchedozer never even stopped.

At 73, I won't be surprised if this ends his interest in motorcycle riding for good.
That sucks, ruined a great time as it sounds. Not a nice way to end motorcycling...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

:thumbsdown:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Kids are out of school

Long weekend is over, MIL has flown back home

Curry rice is packed for lunch at work

Life is ok

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my kid has 2 more weeks of school. he'd be finished this week, but the start of school was delayed while they were getting covid protocols in place, as well as enough laptops/tablets for the entire district.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ah, work mandated computer updates with update are not going well. Restarted twice now and computer is still struggling. Burned 2 hours waiting for it to do its thing. :thumbsdown:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My kids are all messed up, and they've been in and out of the schools for months as every time they open up, we would get a spike and schools close. My Boy Graduates in 5 weeks, but he has now lost motivation and may miss the bus on grad now, and he seems to not care....

My youngest doesn't do well without direct access to the teacher, she has struggled with the online schooling...

It's been tough...
we have been mostly blessed with a school district that is very good with technology, very prepared for COVID, and a kid who is able to stay engaged and interactive despite all the hurdles thrown her way. I have to praise jebus that we've had the experience that we've had- others have not been so lucky and I am well aware of that. We never had to open/shut down, and despite our teachers' initial technological failures, they got with it pretty quick.

I think she's just having a really hard time because we aren't doing anything right now. Our son spent a week in the hospital in respiratory distress from a simple cold, and I can only imagine what COVID would do to him. So, we've stayed indoors and isolated while this thing blows over. Unfortunately, that means no water slides, roller coasters, or road trips, and not even that many play dates. We just don't want to mess around.... but that means that we're her only playmates, and we're tired from work/life/COVID ourselves, so it's a pretty big struggle.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Had a great time with Eric and Ruth, good peoples.
However, my brother asked if some old neighbors of his could park in the driveway for a night or two. They came in today, and were planning on staying a week, which is way too long.
They are, shall we say, not aligned with our views, I imagine fervent Trumpies. I told them I had people coming in later this week, they said that maybe they could leave Sunday (didn’t get the hint).
She was talking to me on Facebook how much she rides (60 years old), pulled out a 1999 Trek with mirrors, bags, triple ring, worn tires... and she had a sticker that says “Crappy bikes make Jesus cry”.

God, I really hope they don’t want to hang out much, she also has a sticker that says “Peace through superior firepower!”
yeesh.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
also- I have to strategically admit defeat with a home appliance and potentially turn in my dad card. Our piece of shit LG dishwasher has been giving me an error lately with one of the vario motors. I know it's like a $30 part (if that's what it is) but I hate this dishwasher so fucking much that we're going to shit can it instead. I can order the part, overnight the order for $30 extra, try it, maybe get it working for another year, but then I get to deal with a dishwasher that doesn't dry and regularly gets clogged. I'm usually one for fixing shit so it works forever, but this is my last LG appliance.

Anybody want a 3 year old $800 dishwasher? Only needs one part, maybe.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Had a great time with Eric and Ruth, good peoples.
However, my brother asked if some old neighbors of his could park in the driveway for a night or two. They came in today, and were planning on staying a week, which is way too long.
They are, shall we say, not aligned with our views, I imagine fervent Trumpies. I told them I had people coming in later this week, they said that maybe they could leave Sunday (didn’t get the hint).
She was talking to me on Facebook how much she rides (60 years old), pulled out a 1999 Trek with mirrors, bags, triple ring, worn tires... and she had a sticker that says “Crappy bikes make Jesus cry”.

God, I really hope they don’t want to hang out much, she also has a sticker that says “Peace through superior firepower!”
yeesh.
Hang out a pride flag. Problem will solve itself.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Well, I’ll give them credit, they knew their bike limits. They rode about 100 yards up the Cache Creek trail, knew they were in over their heads, and turned around. What they really wanted was a bike path, which I sent them to.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Well, I’ll give them credit, they knew their bike limits. They rode about 100 yards up the Cache Creek trail, knew they were in over their heads, and turned around. What they really wanted was a bike path, which I sent them to.
I was going to suggest a run down Lithium.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Funny enough, the younger fat dude asked about DH at the Village.
This could be interesting.
They are traveling with two cats, though, which is sorta interesting, they are walking them around the neighborhood on leashes.
A little entertainment, at least.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
They are traveling with two cats, though, which is sorta interesting, they are walking them around the neighborhood on leashes.
I have a neighbor who walks her cat on a leash around the neighborhood. I think it’s weird, but what the fuck do I know?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Now 4 hours deep into my IT debacle. The fix is in, but I'm waiting for this update to uninstall and its made 0 progress in an hour. Might as well consider today lost. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also- I have to strategically admit defeat with a home appliance and potentially turn in my dad card. Our piece of shit LG dishwasher has been giving me an error lately with one of the vario motors. I know it's like a $30 part (if that's what it is) but I hate this dishwasher so fucking much that we're going to shit can it instead. I can order the part, overnight the order for $30 extra, try it, maybe get it working for another year, but then I get to deal with a dishwasher that doesn't dry and regularly gets clogged. I'm usually one for fixing shit so it works forever, but this is my last LG appliance.

Anybody want a 3 year old $800 dishwasher? Only needs one part, maybe.
we've given up on our dishwasher. it was new when we bought the house in 2013. there's nothing wrong with it per se, it just sucks. trying to source one before memorial day sales end.