Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I picked whichever had the built-in blender, heated dry, and third rack (and could be delivered this week). That was pretty much it. I think it's a GE, hopefully they don't suck.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I picked whichever had the built-in blender, heated dry, and third rack (and could be delivered this week). That was pretty much it. I think it's a GE, hopefully they don't suck.

Should have gone with the one with the microwave and convection oven.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Our Bosch is just fine when Extra Shine and Sanitize are picked (along with using rinse aid). But it has gotten a bit louder over the 5.5 years of its life. Still quiet but not whisper quiet any more.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Haven't even opened ours since we moved in 5 years ago, which means the seals have likely perished throughout. I optimistically hope it's full of cash when I do decide to open it and not a bunch of dirty crockery.

Getting close to either turning the central heating back on, or lighting a fire. Crappy weather with no sun since Friday hasn't warmed the house at all.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
why do you not use this technology called a "thermostat" to let it turn on/off for you?
Because this time of year I don't mind if it just dips down overnight into the morning because the sun warms us nicely then. But there's been no sun.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Haven't even opened ours since we moved in 5 years ago, which means the seals have likely perished throughout. I optimistically hope it's full of cash when I do decide to open it and not a bunch of dirty crockery.

Getting close to either turning the central heating back on, or lighting a fire. Crappy weather with no sun since Friday hasn't warmed the house at all.
Best not to try and not open the DSO.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
After a 4 day weekend (3.5 actually...) I get to work today and find the interweb is down. Boss says go on home and telework.

Right...

10 hours later I've had a ride, a great work out, even a nap. This job stuff isn't so bad after all...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
today i learned of an unofficial local enduro/dh mini series, 30 min from my house. race #2 is tonight, too soon for me to have my act together, but will keep an eye out for the next event.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Lift service riding I am going. :panic::thumb:
where?!
My kids are all messed up, and they've been in and out of the schools for months as every time they open up, we would get a spike and schools close. My Boy Graduates in 5 weeks, but he has now lost motivation and may miss the bus on grad now, and he seems to not care....

My youngest doesn't do well without direct access to the teacher, she has struggled with the online schooling...

It's been tough...
we have been mostly blessed with a school district that is very good with technology, very prepared for COVID, and a kid who is able to stay engaged and interactive despite all the hurdles thrown her way. I have to praise jebus that we've had the experience that we've had- others have not been so lucky and I am well aware of that. We never had to open/shut down, and despite our teachers' initial technological failures, they got with it pretty quick.

I think she's just having a really hard time because we aren't doing anything right now. Our son spent a week in the hospital in respiratory distress from a simple cold, and I can only imagine what COVID would do to him. So, we've stayed indoors and isolated while this thing blows over. Unfortunately, that means no water slides, roller coasters, or road trips, and not even that many play dates. We just don't want to mess around.... but that means that we're her only playmates, and we're tired from work/life/COVID ourselves, so it's a pretty big struggle.
similar situation here. My youngest (8) is simply incapable of engaging on-line. If he's not one on one, he tunes right out; watches youtube or plays on Scratch (side note, I can't fucking believe the school boards don't have better filters or controls on what the kids can access. fuck them. I'm supposed to be working too, I can't watch over his shoulder every moment of the teaching day).

So I bought a printer, and print out his work now, and we try and sit with him to do it. One on one, he's actually fine and gets what he needs to do. Problem is, my wife and I both work full time, and can't give him our undivided attention all the time.

Then there's the socializing aspect. I think he's a little behind his cohort in terms of social development, and he's just getting father behind. He really struggles with interpersonal interactions, and I can see it hurts him to be shunned and excluded. He really needs the practice that in-person schooling provides.

Our Province seems to be stalling on a decision to go back to school too. I can't fucking understand why, all the experts have been telling them for weeks to send the kids back to school. The transmission numbers are way down, and vaccination rates are approaching 60%. I'm reasonably certain all the teachers have had their first doses too. I can't understand why they're stalling. It's driving me nuts.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
1622581186301.png

*now available in "wifebeater"

ETA re: dishwasher monkey, our Bosch machine has blown two motherboards ~1 month outside of warranty each time...

I believe my wife is en route to small claims court re: second repair since she was told it would be covered by manufacturer and the bill is 1/2 the cost of a new unit.

#BuyAHouseTHEYSaid
#WhoTheFuckIsTHEY

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
So, gots a little story for yas. :rofl:

A buddy was supposed to go to the only "local" lift service hill left running (3 hrs away) yesterday (Monday) but things fell though for him, so he gives me a shout last night about going today. Cool, I'm all over it... the hill just opened on the 27th so bring it on. Get the bike prepped, gear ready, food and drink on deck. On the road by 6:45, get to the meeting place, get my stuff loaded into the pick-em-up truck and we were rolling by 7:15. :monkeydance:

Pull into the parking lot at Horseshoe at 10:15 and I look over and say the prime parking spot is open.:headbang:
....hey all the parking is open...:confused:
HEY!!! Why is the lift not running and where the Fuck is everybody?!:eek::panic:

Not a person to be seen, all doors locked. Buddy gets on the phone to cust service and....

They are only open Fri - Mon at this point in the season. :banghead:

DUDE! - Did you not check they were open before you invited me?:mad:
What the actual fuck - said as I'm slowly remembering to myself, ya, this is normal, spring hours are weekends until the end of June when they go full 7 days. :busted:

Fucking noobz. Apparently we never done this before. :rofl:

Well it was a nice drive.... :nope:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Our Bosch is just fine when Extra Shine and Sanitize are picked (along with using rinse aid). But it has gotten a bit louder over the 5.5 years of its life. Still quiet but not whisper quiet any more.
I got a cheap standalone Bosch DW when I got married many moons ago.

Dishwashers are a funny issue around here. Most houses/appartments just arent built/plumbed for them. They are as rare as a house with a bidet in the US.
I couldnt fit mine under the kitchen counter (unless I got a tiny useless one), so I keep it in the small terrace outside the kitchen. My wife even thought it was a decadent extravagance when I got it.

Now, I find this amusing as most "nicer" appartments arent built for dishwashers, but have standalone "housekeeper room/bath/access".
I have seen even tiny 900sq appartments, with separated "live-in housekeeper quarters".... which occupy like 20% of the appartment.... as if you needed something like that in a 900sq appartment.
:confused:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So, gots a little story for yas. :rofl:

A buddy was supposed to go to the only "local" lift service hill left running (3 hrs away) yesterday (Monday) but things fell though for him, so he gives me a shout last night about going today. Cool, I'm all over it... the hill just opened on the 27th so bring it on. Get the bike prepped, gear ready, food and drink on deck. On the road by 6:45, get to the meeting place, get my stuff loaded into the pick-em-up truck and we were rolling by 7:15. :monkeydance:

Pull into the parking lot at Horseshoe at 10:15 and I look over and say the prime parking spot is open.:headbang:
....hey all the parking is open...:confused:
HEY!!! Why is the lift not running and where the Fuck is everybody?!:eek::panic:

Not a person to be seen, all doors locked. Buddy gets on the phone to cust service and....

They are only open Fri - Mon at this point in the season. :banghead:

DUDE! - Did you not check they were open before you invited me?:mad:
What the actual fuck - said as I'm slowly remembering to myself, ya, this is normal, spring hours are weekends until the end of June when they go full 7 days. :busted:

Fucking noobz. Apparently we never done this before. :rofl:

Well it was a nice drive.... :nope:
that reminds me..... i'll be in NJ for work Friday. Blue is now open on Fridays. looks like i'll be detouring to the bike park for some laps on my way home.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I got a cheap standalone Bosch DW when I got married many moons ago.

Dishwashers are a funny issue around here. Most houses/appartments just arent built/plumbed for them. They are as rare as a house with a bidet in the US.
I couldnt fit mine under the kitchen counter (unless I got a tiny useless one), so I keep it in the small terrace outside the kitchen. My wife even thought it was a decadent extravagance when I got it.

Now, I find this amusing as most "nicer" appartments arent built for dishwashers, but have standalone "housekeeper room/bath/access".
I have seen even tiny 900sq appartments, with separated "live-in housekeeper quarters".... which occupy like 20% of the appartment.... as if you needed something like that in a 900sq appartment.
:confused:
Uuuuh, if you have a live in housekeeper, you pretty much have a live-in dishwasher don't you?!

If I'm not mistaken, having a housekeeper is fairly common in much of Latin America isn't it? Even in middle class families? I thought it was a big part of the informal economy...

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Uuuuh, if you have a live in housekeeper, you pretty much have a live-in dishwasher don't you?!

If I'm not mistaken, having a housekeeper is fairly common in much of Latin America isn't it? Even in middle class families? I thought it was a big part of the informal economy...
Yes, its fairly common.. and it probably is the reaason nobody thinks about dishwashers.
But its still very, very weird to me to have a live in housekeeper in small appartments.